News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 RC1 released

Started by Sesquipedalian, February 04, 2019, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

Finally, masterpiece is out  ^-^

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Gary

Please dont call me that. Despite the use in my username, I only permit family to use that nickname.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

TurtleKicker

Exciting. Here's looking forward to final release, and a rebirth of the themes and mods community around it as a result.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: TurtleKicker on February 11, 2019, 10:49:10 AM
and a rebirth of the themes and mods community around it as a result.
Here's hoping we'll see that :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Gary

Hopefully. I hape plans to update two of mine already. One of which was released for 1.1. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

landyvlad

Quote from: Gazmanafc on February 11, 2019, 08:51:39 AM
Please dont call me that. Despite the use in my username, I only permit family to use that nickname.

No worries, I'll try to remember.
You'd never survive in Australia mate.  :)
Nicknames here aren't optional, and other people decide what they are for you  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Gwenwyfar

Same here, to a point. There was a boy in school who got nicknamed Jesus because he had just transferred schools and didn't have the uniform. And you guess what was written in his t-shirt.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

marcosvilela1234

excellent that this new version brings us more work options and manage to stop the many bugs that appeared in the previous version! waiting! ;) ;)

marcosvilela

Gary

Quote from: landyvlad on February 11, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
No worries, I'll try to remember.
You'd never survive in Australia mate.  :)
Nicknames here aren't optional, and other people decide what they are for you  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heh, actually, I have two nicknames that are frequently used, one by family, the other by friends. I'll be changing my display name to what it has been for many years, the current one is a nostalgia trip.

Regardless, we're getting off track.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

albertlast

one addtional note from my side,
when you use 2.1 please hav a look at your page creation time (the value on the bottom).

In the best case should be this lower as in your 2.0 setup,
for my understanding should ~0.100 sec for a good value,
until ~0.300 sec okay in avg
over this value you shoulk look into.

MobileCS

On my 2.0 forum :
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.

On 2.1 RC1 :
Page created in 0.327 seconds with 15 queries.

-----

As you can see, 2.1 is quit a bit slower. The forums are running on the same dedicated server.

albertlast

open a support thread,
when you want to solve this.

Bigguy

Both my sites run a lot quicker than that:
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.

And

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.

Both are 2.1

GigaWatt

Congrats on the release and may there be many more to follow :)... I mean final releases, not betas or RCs, LOL :D.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

StarredSkies

Can't wait to update! :) Congratulations and thank you guys for all the hard work.

DragonLady

My members and I love this new version, and believe it was well worth the wait!  Thank-you! :)

Masterd

Congratulations! Keep up the good work, everyone. :)

cpf

Are we able to port pretty URLs yet? That's the only part of the migration that's stopping me.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Advertisement: