News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 RC1 released

Started by Sesquipedalian, February 04, 2019, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It isn't hard to be more successful than the trainwreck that is Brexit.

dbeck1984

Just got me a copy. Time to play. Thanks yall

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

(Three weeks added to release countdown, for three requests if it's done >:D)

live627

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Arantor on March 17, 2019, 03:42:03 AM
(Three weeks added to release countdown, for three requests if it's done >:D)
>:D
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Antechinus

You do realise this means that if there are a thousand requests then RC2 will be released in 2038.

Arantor

Antes

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Antechinus on March 17, 2019, 10:24:05 PM
You do realise this means that if there are a thousand requests then RC2 will be released in 2038.

I can not wait till 2038, I'm 81 now. I like what I see in the SMF 2.1 so

Arantor

I think we can take a week off for that! :)

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2019, 02:18:20 PM
I think we can take a week off for that! :)

Gee thanks, very nice of you..can maybe we do two weeks?

Arantor

(You know I'm not being entirely serious, right?)

xtian

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2019, 04:57:53 PM
(You know I'm not being entirely serious, right?)

Oh Yea I know, I'm just joshing back at you.. You know the old saying "The miserable never die" that's me..

So now you going add any week, so when's 2.1 going to be released.

OCJ

QuoteYou do realise this means that if there are a thousand requests then RC2 will be released in 2038.

That sounds like the SMF way... I thimk people adapted to that, but I will add on a lighter note, using this quote

Quote(You know I'm not being entirely serious, right?)

Maybe SMF should skip '1' in release versions. For some reason it is the one ... that takes the most time reaching.

addlife

Quote from: Oldcrow on March 18, 2019, 01:22:56 PM
I can not wait till 2038, I'm 81 now.
You're 81 years old? Wow. My respects to you sir. I can't picture a 81 year old knowing how to use a computer and stuff like that.

Yes I know this is off topic, it's just this once :) (mods how strict are you about going off topic?)

Antechinus

FFS. My mum is 84 and has an Apple laptop, iPad and iPhone. She runs the music from her iPad via Bluetooth to her car's speakers when she's driving.

Using basic modern technology is really not that hard. Plenty of older people do it.

asmith

Thanks for the effort!

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on February 04, 2019, 07:31:40 PM
Please note that upgrading from any beta version to RC1 is not supported.

So what happens to those using the beta versions? I have forums using beta. Am I locked out of upgrading?

Kindred

1- this thread is not for support.
2- however....  no, you would just have to manually upgrade.  Open a separate support thread about it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: