News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't install mods after upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1 RC1

Started by chadon, February 06, 2019, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Interesting, the segment of the database says 7 (that's what the a:7 means at the start)

chadon

I don't know what to tell you, it still shows 14 on the forum.

Arantor

Ahh, so the issue is that you have 7 shown. Move one down and back up and it should force a rebuild of the cache that's currently corrupted.

chadon

Wow! I did what you said, emptied the error log and had new ones showing up, then I deleted the ICQ and Yahoo Messenger custom fields and it seems to have resolved this issue. Thank you very much Arantor.
I will see if I can install mods now. :)

chadon

Good news, after the upgrade, the search function wasn't woking and now it does.
The bad news now, I still can't install a mod without having a server 500 error message and the error log still gets a hundred new entries each minute.

Here is what I have since i cleared the logs:
All errors (463) | Database (226) | General (13) | Undefined (224)

chadon

I did a fresh install of SMF 2.1 RC1 with the database backup I made yesterday and used the upgrade script but again it freezes and it has been working on "Upgrading PM labels..." in step 4 since about an hour.
It's a quite large forum with over a million messages, would ths be the problem?

chadon

Update, I get 500 error messages when i first install a mod but when I try again a second time, it goes threw without a problem.
I am not sure if I am out of troubles or not but it looks better than this morning. ;D

albertlast

about the json error,
could you post your database value of displayFields from your 2.0.15 backup?

So that we know the orginal version and can test if some the get wrong when this get converted by the serial to json step.

shawnb61

It could be any of those JSON conversions.  I think an early one crashed, leaving all the old serialized strings out there...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

Quote from: albertlast on February 06, 2019, 11:43:20 PM
about the json error,
could you post your database value of displayFields from your 2.0.15 backup?

So that we know the orginal version and can test if some the get wrong when this get converted by the serial to json step.

He did, earlier in this thread. It's the block of serialised code that's an array of length 7.

chadon

I don't have anything to read databases on my computer, do you need to know what is in there or not?

I am still having a lot of issues on the forum, some users don't have access to their private message box, some users can't post attachments, there are 500 server error messages appearing randomly and it seems that msnbot is giving a lot of database errors as you can see here:

QuoteType of error: Database
Error message: Database Error: Unknown column 'bi.ip_low1' in 'where clause'

SELECT bi.id_ban, bi.email_address, bi.id_member, bg.cannot_access, bg.cannot_register,
bg.cannot_post, bg.cannot_login, bg.reason, IFNULL(bg.expire_time, 0) AS expire_time
FROM smf_ban_items AS bi
INNER JOIN smf_ban_groups AS bg ON (bg.id_ban_group = bi.id_ban_group AND (bg.expire_time IS NULL OR bg.expire_time > 1549561698))
WHERE
(((157 BETWEEN bi.ip_low1 AND bi.ip_high1)
AND (55 BETWEEN bi.ip_low2 AND bi.ip_high2)
AND (39 BETWEEN bi.ip_low3 AND bi.ip_high3)
AND (193 BETWEEN bi.ip_low4 AND bi.ip_high4)) OR ('msnbot-157-55-39-193.search.msn.com' LIKE bi.hostname) OR ((157 BETWEEN bi.ip_low1 AND bi.ip_high1)
AND (55 BETWEEN bi.ip_low2 AND bi.ip_high2)
AND (39 BETWEEN bi.ip_low3 AND bi.ip_high3)
AND (193 BETWEEN bi.ip_low4 AND bi.ip_high4)) OR ('msnbot-157-55-39-193.search.msn.com' LIKE bi.hostname))
File: /home/mustvco/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php
Line: 315
URL of page causing the error: https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml

I have also been trying to restore a backup in a different folder but get loss of connection error messages trying to import the database. It seems to be too big for phpMyadmin.

albertlast

The security php file is not from smf 2.1,
you see it that the query is used IFNULL which is not used any more in smf 2.1.
see https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/release-2.1/Sources/Security.php#L219-L226

chadon

What do you mean? I see the Security.php file in the smf_2-1-rc1_upgrade package I downloaded 2 days ago on Simplemachines.

albertlast

The sql statement is from a securtiy.php from smf 2.0.x,
easy to notice on sql statement.

chadon

The only security.php file I have in the forum is showing this in line 14:
* @version 2.1 RC1

and here is the line 315 in this file:
   $user_info['is_admin'] = false;

vbgamer45

Was that error message today or older? I would clear all your error logs and see if you grab a fresh one.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chadon

It's from today. I cleared the logs a couple hours ago and now I have over a 100 pages of errors, most of them are the one I just posted above with the security.php and xml file.

chadon

I just timed it and after 60 seconds of clearing the logs, I have 27 errors and 13 about the security file.

chadon

I have another big issue. New users can't register and when I try it from the adin panel, I get this error:

Field 'profile_private' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/mustvco/public_html/fr/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 710

albertlast

profile_private is not a smf standard field,
go to your members table and add a default value like space to the column profile_private.

Advertisement: