News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't install mods after upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1 RC1

Started by chadon, February 06, 2019, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadon

Thank you very much albertlast, it fixed the problem.  :)

QuoteWell this is good for the 2.1 upgrader (because he doesn't do anything wrong),
That's right but the buddies' page was working fine before the upgrade. If it is not related to the upgrader, many other forums may still have the same issue if it's due to an incompatibility between the upgrader and a popular mod.

Arantor

If a mod has broken it, which it looks like, the mod should be fixed, not the core code.

chadon

In case it would be usefull to you, the only mod I think that may have modified the buddies database could be the Ultimate Profile one.

chadon

First of all I would like to thank Albertlast for his help with my forum. He spent over an hour yesterday trying to optimize the database of the forum and there has been a lot of improvement since. The load time was very high, up to 15 seconds to load the stats page and this issue is now resolved.
He will know better than me how to explain what was wrong with the database so I will let him do it if he wants.

Now, I am still having issues with attachment files. Some users can never post them while others never had any problem. With my admin account everythng is fine and I registered another test account where nothing happens when I click the upload button. Same computer, same file and same browser where used during the testing.

Here are the errors displayed by the Chrome console with my test account. There is no error with the admin account.

This error is displayed when I access the reply page:

Quotejquery.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).superfish is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (theme.js:2)
    at j (jquery.min.js:2)
    at k (jquery.min.js:2)
(anonymous) @ theme.js:2
j @ jquery.min.js:2
k @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
r.readyException @ jquery.min.js:2
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:2
j @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
i @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
ready @ jquery.min.js:2
S @ jquery.min.js:3

Here is the error showing when I slide an attachment on the browser:

QuoteUncaught TypeError: $.fn.rangeToPercent is not a function
    at Object.createMaxSizeBar (smf_fileUpload.js:39)
    at b.accept (smf_fileUpload.js:98)
    at b.value (dropzone.min.js:1)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (dropzone.min.js:1)
createMaxSizeBar @ smf_fileUpload.js:39
accept @ smf_fileUpload.js:98
value @ dropzone.min.js:1
(anonymous) @ dropzone.min.js:1

And the error showing when I click on the upload button:

Quotedropzone.min.js:1 Uncaught Error: This file can't be queued because it has already been processed or was rejected.
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (smf_fileUpload.js:243)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:3)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.r.handle (jquery.min.js:3)
(anonymous) @ smf_fileUpload.js:243
dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3
r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3

albertlast

I created yesterday a pr,
with the change to your stat code: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/5424

the other change was that i enabled cache.

shawnb61

Regarding your .js issues, a few questions:

1)  Does turning off "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" change the behavior?   This is found under Admin | Features and Options | General. 

2)  With "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" off, what do you see for your script sources?  You can see this by viewing page source, it will be ~line 30 or so.  Do this while logged on as an account that is having the issue.  It should look something like the attached...   

3) Do you have a value set for "Source for the jQuery Library"?  This is also found under Admin | Features and Options | General.

4) Do you have a value set for " Custom url to the jQuery Library"?  This is also found under Admin | Features and Options | General.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

chadon

Hi,

1) It was off.

2) Here it is:
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/smf_jquery_plugins.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/jquery.custom-scrollbar.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/script.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/theme.js"></script>
<script>
var smf_you_sure ='Êtes-vous sûr de vouloir faire cela ?';
</script>

3) Google CDN

4) No, nothing is set.

shawnb61

Thanks.   A couple more questions:

How did your jquery source get set to Google CDN?  I believe it defaults to Auto...

I'm pretty sure the scripts look good.  Was that an image from when an admin was logged on or the user with the issue?   I'd like to see if the scripts look the same while logged on as a user having the issue. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

chadon

I set the source to Google CDN today to make some tests, it was on Auto until then but there was no change in the outcome at all.

The scripts code is from the user's side with the issue, here is the code from my admin account with no issue:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/smf_jquery_plugins.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/jquery.custom-scrollbar.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/script.js"></script>
<script src="https://www.mustangv8.com/fr/Themes/default/scripts/theme.js"></script>
<script>
function smfAutoTask()
{
$.get(smf_scripturl + "?scheduled=mailq;ts=1550174737");
}
window.setTimeout("smfAutoTask();", 1);
var smf_you_sure ='Are you sure you want to do this?';
</script>

shawnb61

Interesting...  To me, it looks like both have the proper libraries loaded.

However, one thing that's clearly different is the language...   

If the user is set to English (the same language as the admin), does anything improve?

chadon

No, there is no difference but I have to say that one user first reported the file upload didn't work in French but did in English on the first day after the upgrade. I don't know what happened after but now there is no difference for him and I don't see any difference either with my two profiles.

chadon

Here is a new bug I noticed today. Banned used are now getting notifications for replies to their messages.
One sent me an email to let me know about it and he wasn't a happy person and I just noticed another one banned years ago listed in the mail queue manager of my server.

chadon

I just checked the error log file in the server and there might be something related to the attachments bug.

Quote[17-Feb-2019 15:54:34 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/there/public_html/fr/Sources/Subs-Attachments.php on line 968

On line 968 of that file, I have that:
if (!allowedTo('view_attachments', $attachInfo['board']))

shawnb61

I cannot find a way to duplicate that error.

Can you describe exactly how you navigate to view the attachment when you get that error?   Following a link?  Navigating from the board?   etc....   

chadon

I don't know how the error is generated, there are hundreds of registered users each day on the forum so it's not something I can track.

Anyways, I have updates about all these problems. Last night, I uninstalled all mods, uploaded new SMF files and all the bugs about attachment submissions, quotes and preview posts were resolved. I still had the PHP Fatal error in the server's log file and the hook page in the SMF admin panel still couldn't be opened.

I used the SMF repair_settings.php file to disable all hooks and it resulted in the home page not being able to load the boards, all other pages were working. I spent an hour playing with that file, trying to repair the database but it stayed without succes. I then installed tinyportal and like before, the first attemps gave me a 500 server error when I applied the changes. Tried to install a second time and it installed successfully without an error.

I then checked the home page, and everything loaded perfectly with no other intervention. I installed the mod that repairs the bug about the cron file to activate the emails and alert notifications, same thing 1st attempt failed, the second worked.
I checked with my regular member account, the quotes, message preview and attachment upload were still working.

I installed the Contact page mod (had to do it twice again), checked the regular member account, the attachments were still uploading but the quote and the message preview functions were not loading.
I decided then to uninstall the contact page and it did uninstall without a problem but I still can't quote a message or preview one.

I stopped there but someone from the SMF team is going to look at my problems and maybe he will find something.

chadon

Quote from: ForumMustang.com on February 15, 2019, 10:20:08 PM
Here is a new bug I noticed today. Banned used are now getting notifications for replies to their messages.
One sent me an email to let me know about it and he wasn't a happy person and I just noticed another one banned years ago listed in the mail queue manager of my server.
Another banned user complained about email notifications of replies being sent to him. Is there an easy way to have all banned users notifications removed or disabled?

Kindred

Since we can not replicate the issue, it's hard to say how to "fix" the issue...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadon

Yes I imagine it would be but would there be a way to enter a MySQL command so the notification settings are set to "nothing at all" for all banned users only?

Arantor

I don't know why you can't reproduce as it's fairiy clear to me the background tasks don't all check banned status... createpost notify certainly doesn't (includes mentions and quotes), didn't check digest though.

Advertisement: