News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Switched hosts now stuff is messed up

Started by jangofett, February 06, 2019, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jangofett

So I switched hosts and my forum site went down. They helped get it back up and I went through and changed all the incorrect paths for the avatars etc. I am still having a bunch of minor issues though. My smiley's aren't there when you post although the code works manually all the checkmarks in the admin panel for smileys are as they should. Package manager is stuck on "Attempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org..." the SMF updates don't work...

Has anyone else had any issues when they switched hosts getting it back to normal? If you dod what did you do. Again all my paths are as they should.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you give us a link to your forum?

First things I would try though:
- Empty your forum's file cache (Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum maintenance -> Routine -> Empty the file cache )
- Empty your browser's cache and cookies
- Check all paths and folders with repair_settings

What is repair_settings.php?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jangofett

www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com [nofollow]

I did everything already except the maintenance forum file cache but I am not optimistic on that.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That should take about a second to do, and I really do suggest you do it first. That's why I mentioned it first.

Edit:
For what it's worth, I can't see anything that would seem to be off. All paths and everything look ok to me.
Even your registration form, smileys, and binary clock seem to function perfectly.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

I'm trying to work out if your host is incompetent or whether you were previously hacked.

Your Themes/default/scripts/script.js file has a bunch of PHP at the start that *should not be there*. It's certainly the cause of the issues you're seeing but whether it's a symptom of something else, I don't know.

The file doesn't look to have any other modifications, so you should be able to replace from a clean install without any trouble. (As in, download the install, open the zip file, find Themes/default/scripts/script.js and upload it over the top of the one on the server)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Good catch, that does look like reason to at least suspect foul play and try to make sure there isn't more surprises waiting.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

jangofett

thanks I'll see if that fixes the issues. I'm not totally sure how to do all that but I'm gonna have my buddy who helped setup the site walk me through it.

smileys work but you have to manually type them in. There is no tool bar above the post like when you reply here.

To be clear am I just downloading a theme or the 2.0.15 update?

Thanks,

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Either the full install or the large upgrade package of 2.0.15. Those contain the default theme files.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Arantor

You're downloading whichever of these you like, you're only getting one file out of the zip package and uploading it - which should fix your smiley problem.

jangofett

ok I switched the script.js file and it is behaving the same. Can someone look and see if it is still messed up

Arantor

The file isn't messed up any more that I can see, but there's still other issues, your theme is set up to use greencoffeebuyingclub.com but the rest of the site is set to use www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com which will give you some issues.

jangofett

Quote from: Arantor on March 05, 2019, 06:18:52 PM
The file isn't messed up any more that I can see, but there's still other issues, your theme is set up to use greencoffeebuyingclub.com [nofollow] but the rest of the site is set to use www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com [nofollow] which will give you some issues.

where is that setting again? i know i've stumbled on it before. Thanks btw that did fix my buttons problem.

jangofett

BTW super thankful for you guys' help. Everything is back to mostly normal. I am pretty sure it was the host migration that messed it all up.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What is repair_settings.php?

Using repair_settings you should be able to fix th paths and urls.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: