Mass Delete Unapproved Posts

Started by Groover2, February 06, 2019, 05:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groover2

My forum has been attacked by spammers. I have used quick moderation to remove the 97 spam topics but the bulk of the spam is in unapproved topic replies.

How can I mass-delete these replies? I can't see them on the forum because they are not approved. I can only see them in the Moderation Center, which only shows me 10 at a time. To delete all 10 I have to click three times so I am looking at 3708 x 3 = 11,124 mouse clicks.

Is there a better way?

I've read that trying to do this through MySQL results in a messed up database.

Running 2.0.15. Thanks.

jangofett

Quote from: Groover2 on February 06, 2019, 05:47:13 PM
My forum has been attacked by spammers. I have used quick moderation to remove the 97 spam topics but the bulk of the spam is in unapproved topic replies.

How can I mass-delete these replies? I can't see them on the forum because they are not approved. I can only see them in the Moderation Center, which only shows me 10 at a time. To delete all 10 I have to click three times so I am looking at 3708 x 3 = 11,124 mouse clicks.

Is there a better way?

I've read that trying to do this through MySQL results in a messed up database.

Running 2.0.15. Thanks.

we got attacked by a bunch of russian ones so I added a captcha at registration. I get a few complaints about the captcha for registration but it knocked out the spam. this forum has you run the captcha to even post.

Groover2

Thanks. Already have anti-spam in place but it doesn't work very well at all. I will probably be making a new topic on that subject.

Groover2

OK, well, here is what I did:

delete from `smf_messages` where approved = '0';

Members -> Seatch for Members -> Posts = 0, delete all

Maintenance -> Routine -> Find and repair any errors -> fix all

Maintenance -> Database -> Optimize tables - saved 166Mb from smf_messages!

Seems to be OK.

Advertisement: