News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing Warning Text

Started by chamacao, February 07, 2019, 11:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chamacao

Greetings

I find myself needing to change the wording of the warning message, showed by a closed board. Do not have the faintest idea in which file that text is located. Or even if it exist at all. Perhaps is a generated by smf software. Do not know.

The point of it all is or was to replace the warning message as to direct visitors to visit another website where they can register. Any suggestion as well as your time reading this is highly appreciated.

Attaching a pict of the welcoming screen.

Shambles

You'll find it in Errors.{english}.php in your theme's language folder.

Look online for an application that can search for text within files. I use Notepad++

chamacao

Thanks a lot. That was incredibly fast. 

I do have to question: will that also change the message that the user see "inside" the board when he or she can find a topic. No biggie, just like to know as to be able to adjust the text.

Thanks again

Arantor

It's the same text either way - and the same message is shown if the user tries to go to a board or topic that doesn't exist (e.g. a deleted board/topic).

chamacao

Thanks.

I found this string on Errors.english.php located right where you said it would be:

$txt['topic_gone'] = 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.';

However the second part
" Please login below or register an account with Superior Farming" is on three kines in the - Login.english.php

$txt['login_below'] = 'Please login below or';
$txt['register_an_account'] = 'register an account';
$txt['login_with_forum'] = 'with %1$s.';

However, if the visitor click on the 'register an account';  (2nd line)
It gets directed to an error screen in the Errors.english.php file

$txt['registration_disabled'] = 'Sorry, registration is currently disabled.';

Sorry, registration is currently disabled.

Now that I know where everyone is .....

Question.

Can  I change Sorry, registration is currently disabled.';
To  -  Visit Superior Farming. Info website For Registration

Or something like that?

Advertisement: