Uninstallable mod - prettyurls - best way to proceed

Started by Web Help Forums, February 07, 2019, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Help Forums

I currently have Pretty URLs 1.1.3 mod installed on my SMF 2.0.15 forum.

I can see I have it installed as I have the functionality. (I am considering upgrading it)

However I can not unstall it.

In Package manager - browse packages it is not listed.
In Package manager - installed packages it is listed with uninstall link.

If I click uninstall I get this error:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

I fear I may have broken my SMF install somehow. What is the best way forward to repair. I discovered this problem because I was considering updating the mod to the newest version.

drewactual

dig out the xml file accompanying the package, and reverse the install process, manually (page by page), that are listed within. 

don't forget the htaccess entries!!!!

Advertisement: