News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Installing Mods with 2.1 RC1

Started by skb, February 09, 2019, 03:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I tried to install some of the Mods in 2.1 that were being used on 2.0.15 by emulating the older version, a couple of edits were suggested to some files.

The code to be edited is not found in the suggested file xyz.php, but in xyz.php~
After making the suggested changes the Mods still don't work.

Do I need to make a copy of the xyz.php~ file & paste it into the xyz.php ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you can not find the code in .php but do find it in .php~ then odds are the .php~ file is an old backup from 2.0.15 and the mod is not compatible with 2.1 as it is.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

br360

Most of the mods from 2.0.15 that made no template file edits and use hooks, will most likely work on 2.1. However, since a lot of files from 2.0.15 have vastly different code in them than the same exact named 2.1 file has, you are going to have to have a little bit of code understanding in order to find the correct place to manually add/edit/or remove the code the mod makes into your 2.1 file.

Sometimes there may be subtle changes and it may be easy to find where the code should go;  and other times the entire area of code has been changed between versions, making it much more challenging

skb

I'm really only worried about a custom mod that I got made because I have no support from the dev now. The other mods will sooner or later have 2.1 compatible versions and I can build the forum one step at a time.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

br360

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  When 2.1 goes gold, I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help make the necessary edits needed to get the mod to install properly for you; or maybe you could pay someone to completely rewrite it for you so it can install with no template file edits

Advertisement: