Can't install mods

Started by origon, February 10, 2019, 12:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

Quote from: origon on February 11, 2019, 02:58:14 PM
That's a shame, then we have to stay at the old version or find another system

As it's likely that other software will also use phar in future releases, that wouldn't solve your problem.
The host is the issue. If they don't come to the party, change.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

live627

What uses PharData? Reading zip files and writing file backups. tgz is still custom code...

vbgamer45

function read_zip_file
has

$archive = new PharData($file, RecursiveIteratorIterator::SELF_FIRST, null, Phar::ZIP);
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

Quote from: live627 on February 26, 2019, 12:54:19 PM
What uses PharData? Reading zip files and writing file backups. tgz is still custom code...

You mean what's uses zip except the one thing in SMF guaranteed to need zip support ;)

Dylert

Quote from: origon on February 12, 2019, 04:33:51 AM
I will try them for sure they will heare from me every day  :D

Have you got a solution on this? I have the same problem with installing mods. My host is one.com :(

ceko

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 11, 2019, 05:15:24 PM
I would talk with the host further, & let them know this is standard php functionality that appears to have been excluded from their build - probably in error.
If it was excluded on purpose, it would be helpful to know why.
I doubt you got past tier 1 support the first time thru, and that person may have never heard of phardata, & was assuming it was a custom module.

Hi,

I have the problem with hxxp:one.com [nonactive]. Updating from 2.0.15 to 2.1RC2 successfully but now I can't install packets anymore due to "php phar" missing.

Has you suggest, I send an email and receive this answer:
QuotePHP phar missing - SMF forum
Added December 21, 2019 6:42 AM
Your rating: Not rated
Support - cgst
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting hxxp:one.com [nonactive]!
Unfortunately, this is due to Phar extension is not supported on our servers. Sad to say that this CMS can not be installed with us.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via our LiveChat.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards
Chris - hxxp:one.com [nonactive] support

Do you have a suggested answer that I could pass on to them?

Is there another simple alternative for installing packages without having to edit php files yourself?

Thank you.

Dylert

They said to me that phar was a security risk. I changed provider!

Illori

one.com is not one of the best providers out there (maybe one of the worst). changing hosts may make your forum work better in the long run.

Advertisement: