News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Where is database sql file located?

Started by Finn_958, February 10, 2019, 09:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn_958

Due to hacker attack, I need to manually backup (download) sql database from ftp before forum is restored. I looked in every ftp directory but I do not find the sql database file.

vbgamer45

You won't find it there.
You can find it your cpanel in an area called phpmyadmin if you are on shared hosting.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

If you have a backup utility in cpanel, use that.  phpmyadmin will sometimes crap out without error on large databases.  Whichever you use, dump it 2-3 times, make sure file size is the same.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Finn_958

Thank you but forum is hacked I cannot access admin interface. Is sql database located somewhere in ftp folders?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you fail to find an export method, your host should be able to help you further.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: