News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need to call SMF from a menu

Started by tinhat, February 11, 2019, 02:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinhat

I wanted to say first that I used SMF several years ago with great success, and I really like the new version very much. It's installed and running fine on my server. However, I need it to be just one menu item out of many on the site. I managed to figure out how to call it from a menu with the older version but I don't immediately remember how I did that and my attempts to figure it out again are not working. I tried renaming index.php, which just broke everything else. As long as index.php is present, it over-rides the index.html that I need to use in order to display the rest of the site.

I know there must be a way to do this but my brain isn't coming up with anything, or at least not anything that works. Thanks for any help.

Deaks

could move your forum install to a subforum such as domain.com/forum

This will save any overwriting of the files you already have.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Or, you can change the default index setting on the server so that it calls for html instead of php.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

tinhat

Thanks much, installing it in a subdirectory is indeed what I did before, and couldn't remember. That will take care of it without having to change server settings.

Advertisement: