News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Any chat mods for 2.1 ?

Started by RandomDude, February 11, 2019, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomDude

Are there any chat mods that already work with SMF 2.1? 

Kindred

you do realize that the RC version is still "not complete"?
That means that many, if not most, mods won't be updated until it is...

And, although we removed the large beta warning, you should probably not be using it in production until the mods you want are actually updated.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RandomDude

Yeah, I understand that it is still in development but I was hoping that there is some (beta) chat mod, not asking for perfection.

As for using RC on live - works like a charm so far and I totally love it. I understand that it still might have some issues but I'm willing to risk it, as long as I will be able to update RC to final once it comes out. I'm using 0 mods on it, of course. Chat is something I just wanted to test out but it is nothing urgent or mandatory. :)

Anyway, thank you for your answer!

@rjen

TinyPortal 1.6.2 works fine on RC1: it has a built-in chat function you can use...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Arantor

Quote from: RandomDude on February 11, 2019, 03:04:36 PM
Yeah, I understand that it is still in development but I was hoping that there is some (beta) chat mod, not asking for perfection.

As for using RC on live - works like a charm so far and I totally love it. I understand that it still might have some issues but I'm willing to risk it, as long as I will be able to update RC to final once it comes out. I'm using 0 mods on it, of course. Chat is something I just wanted to test out but it is nothing urgent or mandatory. :)

Anyway, thank you for your answer!

And updating to final will uninstall all your mods anyway.

RandomDude

Quote from: @rjen on February 11, 2019, 03:16:39 PM
TinyPortal 1.6.2 works fine on RC1: it has a built-in chat function you can use...

Thanks! Will test it locally and see how it works before going live with it. :)

Quote from: Arantor on February 11, 2019, 03:18:51 PM
And updating to final will uninstall all your mods anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

Storebror

SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro 1.4 is compatible with SMF 2.1 RC 1 as well.

Cheers!
Mike

Hero2019

Quote from: Storebror on February 12, 2019, 07:30:20 AM
SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro 1.4 is compatible with SMF 2.1 RC 1 as well.

Cheers!
Mike

I also had this installed for RC1.

However, a few things do not go.

Maybe you have a solution for that.

1. The smilies are not working. There are none displayed.
2. If I write something in the forum, then I get an error. No matter if this posting function is on or off.

Storebror

Quote from: Hero2019 on February 12, 2019, 04:49:54 PM
1. The smilies are not working. There are none displayed.
Yes, unfortunately I stumbled upon this now as well, see https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=565036.msg4006726#msg4006726
I've reported it to the shoutbox author here: https://www.smfpacks.com/b135/smileys-missing-shoutbox-1-4-smf-2-1-rc-1/4608/

Quote from: Hero2019 on February 12, 2019, 04:49:54 PM
2. If I write something in the forum, then I get an error. No matter if this posting function is on or off.
Yep, seen that too and solved it, see https://www.smfpacks.com/b135/shoutbox-1-4-smf-2-1-rc1/4604/

Cheers!
Mike

Advertisement: