News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What's up (or down)?

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, February 15, 2019, 11:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

I also think that lurkalot's test site is affected by this, but... I can't seem to find the load times on his 2.1 RC1 test site ???.

https://cctestsite.info/

Is anyone else getting "load delays"?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

shawnb61

I don't want to jinx it, but...  I think the site issues are behind us.  Cleared up this morning some time before 10:30 pacific. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lurkalot

Quote from: GigaWatt on February 17, 2019, 03:02:44 PM
I also think that lurkalot's test site is affected by this, but... I can't seem to find the load times on his 2.1 RC1 test site ???.

https://cctestsite.info/

Is anyone else getting "load delays"?

That link you posted is to my 2.0 test site, but I've enabled that now on my 2.1 test site, https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 17, 2019, 03:28:40 PM
Epiphone.  :P

Sorry, that was an OT personal reference.  There's a video on one of Mick's forums, someone reviewing an Epiphone LP.  Bought an Epi Dot long time ago, sent it back. :P

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 17, 2019, 04:49:33 PM
I don't want to jinx it, but...  I think the site issues are behind us.  Cleared up this morning some time before 10:30 pacific.

Thanks. I thought it seemed much better today.  ;)

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 17, 2019, 06:04:43 PM
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 17, 2019, 03:28:40 PM
Epiphone.  :P

Sorry, that was an OT personal reference.  There's a video on one of Mick's forums, someone reviewing an Epiphone LP.  Bought an Epi Dot long time ago, sent it back. :P

Thought the Dot was a half decent hollow bodied guitar for the money, though I'd probably go for a Ibanez Artcore if I was after one.  I have a couple of Epi Les Paul's which I'm pretty happy with, especially the one in that video you mentioned.  ;)

Anyway, glad we're all up to speed again.  8)

GigaWatt

Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2019, 05:00:52 PM
That link you posted is to my 2.0 test site, but I've enabled that now on my 2.1 test site, https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

Yeah, sorry about that. I was kinda in a hurry when I posted that and didn't actually check how much I cut off from the URL :P :D.

Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2019, 06:32:13 PM
Quote from: shawnb61 on February 17, 2019, 04:49:33 PM

Thanks. I thought it seemed much better today.  ;)

Yes, can also confirm that the problem seems to be resolved :).

sam666

Not been able to load the site for a week now, until today. My primary DNS server is OpenDNS.  Also tested the site from hxxps://webpagetest.org from various locations in the world and no go. Glad the issue looks to be sorted.

Bigguy

I had one problem last week but that has been it. Everything has been running fine....maybe a tad slow but nothing to laggy at all.

Sir Osis of Liver

Some lag last night, running normally earlier today and so far tonight.

Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2019, 06:32:13 PM
Thought the Dot was a half decent hollow bodied guitar for the money, though I'd probably go for a Ibanez Artcore if I was after one.  I have a couple of Epi Les Paul's which I'm pretty happy with, especially the one in that video you mentioned.  ;)

Problem with Epis, you can get a good one or a bad one.  I got a bad one.  Replaced it with an Ibanez AS-73, very nice.  Also have a GSR-200 bass.   Don't know what they're making now, but 15 years ago Ibanez were very good.

- R. Waters

LiroyvH

No floyd rose, no fun... (Says the guy primarily using a Dean Vendetta 7-string rather than the Ibanez  :-X)

Anyway, much as I enjoy reading guitar love: I'm glad to hear both issues have been resolved now! :) Note that minor lags (usually a few seconds, not being reflected at all in the pageload time at the bottom of each page.) may (very) rarely still occur. The cause for that is known (different reason), is currently actually expected behaviour and should get optimised over the course of the next few days.

Thanks to all of you for re-testing and for submitting status updates. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: