News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

"Announce Topic" Endless Loop

Started by nhrd, February 13, 2019, 08:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhrd

"Announce Topic" results in an endless loop of the continue countdown screen for all users. No announcements are sent.

Version: SMF 2.1 RC1

Arantor

How many users are you trying to send to?

Arantor

Hm, there's been various reports of it bugging out with less than 500 users but we'd never been able to consistently reproduce it but I think it will need more investigation.

Massl

I tried now and I have the same error, Sesquipedalian's fix does not solve the endless loop of the countdown.

shawnb61

I think this is a separate, new issue.   I was easily able to replicate this in WAMP & Linux environments. 

Logged https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5445

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

slinke

Quote from: nhrd on February 13, 2019, 08:29:42 AM
"Announce Topic" results in an endless loop of the continue countdown screen for all users. No announcements are sent.

Version: SMF 2.1 RC1

I have this same issue. I have tried to "announce topic" to a 2-member group and a 9-member group. Both times it went into an endless loop with the continue button. I also tried to modify the cron.php file, as suggested elsewhere in this thread, but it did not work for me either. I used the "announce topic" feature when I was running v2.0.15 of SMF, but it has not worked since upgrading to v2.1 RC1.

slinke

I still have this same error (endless loop when attempting to "announce topic") after the 2.1 RC2 update.

shawnb61

This issue is slated for a fix in RC3.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

live627

I pushed a fix just now that fixes this.

https://github.com/live627/SMF2.1/commit/31e56c545ef540845a8af70d4737d965642b7ec3

I just wish that all  bug fixes were this easy.

slinke

Quote from: live627 on April 08, 2019, 12:10:49 AM
I pushed a fix just now that fixes this.

https://github.com/live627/SMF2.1/commit/31e56c545ef540845a8af70d4737d965642b7ec3

I just wish that all  bug fixes were this easy.

I replaced the Sources/Post.php file with the one on github. However, now I am getting hundreds of "general" errors for "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()", as well as "undefined" errors for "Undefined index: attributes," on Themes/default/Post.template.php Line 1189. I also see a "critical" error for "Invalid value inserted or no type specified.
Function: QuoteFast" on Sources/Post.php Line 2481.

Illori

there have been other commits since RC2 was released. all you needed was the change noted, you may have gotten more changes which is leading to the errors. revert the file back and just change what is necessary.

Steelponycowboy

What changes noted,  I saw two possible fixes which one person said made things worse.

When is RC3 going to be available because we have other issues besides the Announcement issue on our forum using RC2 for people using Apple devices.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Currently 2.0.16 is taking priority, but what has changed in 2.1 since 2.1 RC2, is publicly available all the time on Github.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: