News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem with SMF recognizing MariaDB version 10

Started by markus54, February 13, 2019, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markus54

HI All;
I am having a problem with SMF recognizing my database. I am using MariaDB. I am doing this on my computer. I am using Apache 2.4 and PHP 7.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What is the problem exactly? Do you get some error?
Also, note that while MariaDB 10 should be compatible to MySQL 5.6, and should work with SMF - officially MariaDB is not a supported yet.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

live627

markus54

HI,
I have installed the software on my computer to test it out. I have Apache 2.4 and PHP 7 installed. But the forum software cannot find the database software. I am using Windows 10. The database software and PHP are installed under C:\
Any ideas would be appreciated.

live627

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Topics merged. Please do not open multiple topics on the same issue.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

I'd stat with simpler matters, what exactly is the message you get? How did you install Apache, PHP and MariaDB? (If you did all three separately, now may be a time to uninstall and use something like XAMPP where it will all be configured for you)

markus54

It is ported to the default port 3306.
MariaDB uses MySQL so I don't think it should make much of a difference.
I couldn't find my original post so I did another one.
I didn't see any errors.
I installed Apache and PHP with .zip files.
I also ran  phpinfo();.

Arantor

How, exactly, did you install PHP? It sounds like you didn't do the complex manual configuration steps to enable different libraries that it needs.

I strongly suggest NOT doing that and using one of the ready made installers.

Advertisement: