News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.14 repair_setting.php Error

Started by Spektrum, February 13, 2019, 11:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spektrum

Hello,

I just changed my host and my domain to another one and I am trying to use the repair_settings.php but when I click on save, thats what I get.

This page isn't working forum.ayyildizroleplay.com [nofollow] didn't send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Please help me!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The error basically just says "no data received from server".

Have you already moved the site, and are you still using the same domain?
If you have, this may be because you still have the old dns data cached, so emptying your browsers temporary files and cache,
and flushing your dns cache or rebooting your computer may help.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Spektrum

The old domain is completely gone and the files are on my new host. I am going to reset my stuff rn and see if it works...

Spektrum

No, it's still the same it doesn't work... I am putting in the Recommended Values too, it's still showing me the same thing.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, that's a notably "chrome" error - what if you try another browser, what happens?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Spektrum

I tried over Edge, it says the page cannot be reached.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is this a very new domain? It could be the domain name is just not yet fully propagated, and you are running in to a dns server that doesn't know of it yet.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Spektrum

It is not very new, you can get to the site but the theme won't load. Additionally, I can ping it on cmd too.

Spektrum

You think I should set up a brand new SMF and just upload my theme, and have it fixed with repair_settings.php?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK - maybe login to the forum, and try to find your way to the theme settings in the admin control panel. You can fix that from there too.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Shambles

Kindred

looks like he went with a new install...

not sure that was the  best option, but we'll see
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spektrum

Hello, I went for the new install, but I still can't use the repair.setting.php... Please help me... My forum is up and running but with the default theme.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If everything works, you don't need repair_settings anymore.

See the wiki on Themes and Layout
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Spektrum

I am trying to change the theme files from repair_settings.php because I can't do it on the Configuration (I only see text when I do it). So I have to change it from repair_Settings.php. I tried running it on my localhost and it works, but not for my GoDaddy host...

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy. :P  Is repair_settings.php currently in forum root?  I'm getting 404.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: