Correct letter isn't shown in boardindex

Started by jsx, February 14, 2019, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi,

My acquaintance has a forum SMF 2.0.15 and there is an error that causes that the Polish letter "w" can not be displayed here:

I uploaded the language files again, but unfortunately the English letter "in" still appears here. I have no idea what causes this error. Please help me how to fix it.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Eh? The issue is more likely that the theme doesn't respect the language pack...

jsx

Quote from: Kindred on February 14, 2019, 05:47:39 PM
convert to utf-8

From the beginning, the forum uses UTF-8 encoding. Database and language files.

Quote from: Arantor on February 14, 2019, 06:14:46 PM
Eh? The issue is more likely that the theme doesn't respect the language pack...

This mistake occurs also on the default theme:

This letter "in" is not generated from the index.english.php file. I changed this letter to another one for checking and the letter "in" still remains.

372 line index.english.php

$txt['in'] = 'in';

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What language packs are installed?
What theme is the forum using?
And, could we see an URL? Sorry - Seems this is already included.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jsx

QuoteWhat language packs are installed?

English and Polish-UTF8 (main).

QuoteWhat theme is the forum using?

Express. But on every theme, the letter "in" is displayed instead of the Polish "w" in this place.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, check index.polish-utf8.php instead of index.english.php
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jsx

I checked the file index.polish-utf8.php and in 373 line the letter "w" is correctly entered.

373 line index.polish-utf8.php

$txt['in'] = 'w';

I uploaded all the language polish packet again and the letter "in" is still displayed.

jsx

Maybe I should uninstall all modifications and copy the database and then install clean SMF?

Arantor

I think you have a modification to the board index then, that doesn't respect the language pack...

jsx

Quote from: Arantor on February 15, 2019, 05:26:56 AM
I think you have a modification to the board index then, that doesn't respect the language pack...

You're right. In the translation of the modification there was no Polish letter "in". Thanks for the help.

Advertisement: