News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Regarding creating a thread

Started by DarkAngel612, February 14, 2019, 07:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

I was just wondering, aside from making the category "eye only" for logged in members is there a way to make an individual thread "eyes only" for logged in members.

We have a member that made a free item for our Poser creations but wants the link to not be shown to anyone else but logged in members. Our sister site is not with this problem cause it is not able to be viewed by visitors/guests but our forum is viewable by guests so they can judge better if they wish committed to our little asylum.

Right now I have made an eyes only category with hopes of getting other creators to follow suit and send member only freestuff too...LOL
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Arantor

There is no way out of the box in SMF to implement such a thing. There are various mods that have had various success in doing it but 1) there are many places in SMF that leak such things that they don't take into account and 2) it rarely works anyway.

DarkAngel612

Thanks Arantor, I thought so but just wanted to check. I will just stay with the category as seen only by members that are logged in.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: