Engineering calculator

Started by flashsteam, February 15, 2019, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashsteam

Hi I run a small forum that is technical in nature Its based on renewable energy  fieldines.com

We have been looking to embed engineering calculators

We started with this with  https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tools 

We were able to embed all the calculators. Unfortunately we had no permission to do that, and had to remove it.

Then we found another https://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows

We have a coder working for us but the windows calculator wont work.

Is there any Mods that can do that or are we stuck.

Arantor

You can't embed a Windows program into the forum, and I don't know any mods that would work for you either :(

flashsteam

Thanks for the reply I was told that, but wanted check with you guys thanks.

vbgamer45

I would look at a freelancer/coder.  Those seem like something that should easy to build out.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Biology Forums

My suggestion would be to write or find for free PHP scripts that'll do precisely that. There are plenty out there, do a search on github. Embedding a windows executable is possible, though in this particular case most conversions can be done via simple scripts. This was my idea years ago too.

On a side note, this forum would really benefit from a mentions mod, as I accidentally stumbled upon this thread

Arantor

Quote from: Study Force on February 16, 2019, 03:05:55 PM
My suggestion would be to write or find for free PHP scripts that'll do precisely that. There are plenty out there, do a search on github. Embedding a windows executable is possible, though in this particular case most conversions can be done via simple scripts. This was my idea years ago too.

On a side note, this forum would really benefit from a mentions mod, as I accidentally stumbled upon this thread

Please explain, how would you embed a Windows executable on a website short of building some mutant JS client that can speak RDP to a real Windows machine? Or, for that matter running the Win95 JSVM that struggles to emulate a 386 in terms of speed (Note, not the same as just offering a Windows download.)

Also, mentions is in 2.1.

Biology Forums

I don't know, but I was referring to just that, I've seen emulators online that simulate roms and even windows 95, but that's a terrible approach to this user's problem

GigaWatt

The OP seems to need just a simple convert tool (metric to imperial and vice versa), that's it (I think it's pretty obvious from the second link in the first post of the thread)... though I don't see that as a problem for running a forum and this can be done with Google (it's just a few clicks and a tab away)... my 2 cents.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: