Moving board mangles permissions?

Started by TurtleKicker, February 22, 2019, 02:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleKicker

I think I might have found another bug?

I've found that after creating a board, if I move it, it disappears from general users (Admin can still see it). If I then make a change to the permissions (by adding a redundant group), then the board re-appears, even if I then uncheck whatever group I checked.

Example:

Add board "Test", all settings/permissions at default. Board is visible.
go to "Manage Boards and Categories", click the
button next to "Test". Move it down one level.
Board vanishes for normal users.
go to "Manage Boards and Categories", click [Modify] on "Test". Add another group (example: "Newbie"). Click [Modify] to save
Board reappears for normal users.
go to "Manage Boards and Categories", click [Modify] on "Test". Uncheck group added ("Newbie"). Click [Modify] to save
Board remains visible.

Can anyone reproduce this to confirm?

Arantor

This is the subject of an ongoing debate in GitHub as a bug.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Arantor on February 22, 2019, 02:54:03 PM
This is the subject of an ongoing debate in GitHub as a bug.
Ok, good to know it's already known. What's the issue # in Github? I couldn't find it.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: iso on February 22, 2019, 04:54:33 PM
Here: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/5459
Hmm that doesn't seem anything like the bug I was reporting. This isn't related to categories... it's related to boards. The categories these boards are in already have other boards... it's not like the categories are empty. Just some boards don't appear after moving their position... seems to be a permissions thing, but not really since the permissions aren't changed, but the only way to make the boards appear is to change the permissions somehow... you can then change them back to the way they were but now magically the boards become visible again.

Arantor

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Arantor on February 22, 2019, 05:19:39 PM
Related issue 5002.
Hmm. In reading through that one, it also doesn't seem to be the same. 5002 is related to empty categories and categories not appearing.

This isn't categories, it's boards themselves. All the categories are appearing fine and none are empty.

albertlast

Advertisement: