News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New Installation - Weird Layout

Started by CrazyChef, February 18, 2019, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChef

New member here, I apologize in advance for my first post being a "help me!" type of post.  So that being said...  First of all - Thank You for this great software!

So, what's my concern?  Well, the layout is really messed up with the initial installation.  It's the same with Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and mobile Chrome.  I've looked around the forum here, but can't seem to find an answer.  How do I get this into a visually appealing format?

Here's a screenshot - I've done nothing to the software yet.  This is a clean install and this is what I see:

CrazyChef

Quote from: Shambles on February 18, 2019, 02:58:14 PM
What is repair_settings.php?

Have a read :)

I'll check it out right now - thank you.  Any idea why it's like this with a fresh install?

Shambles

Quote from: CrazyChef

I'll check it out right now - thank you.  Any idea why it's like this with a fresh install?

It's the most reported "issue" on the SMF forums, possibly reported around 3000 times.

CrazyChef

Wow!  Okay, well I clicked a couple of radio buttons to their "recommended" settings, and all's well (so far).  Thank you!

Arantor

Quote from: Shambles on February 18, 2019, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: CrazyChef

It's the most reported "issue" on the SMF forums, possibly reported around 3000 times.

Worst part, I fixed it 5 years ago but the fix never made it into the installer packages permanently and it was removed a patch later by accident.

Advertisement: