News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Make member link color as gradient text-color

Started by RobbyAJM, February 21, 2019, 09:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbyAJM

Hello, I have a question about changing member color link like using custom css to make gradient color, I've tried Member Color Link package, but it's not work, the output says The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Please check attachment, there is an example of what I want, look at Zomboy name, that using CSS3 Gradient, right?

Do you guys have a good way for it?

Thank you!

Arantor

None of the existing mods support it as far as I know.

And it still looks to be Chrome only at the moment.

RobbyAJM

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2019, 09:30:58 AM
None of the existing mods support it as far as I know.

And it still looks to be Chrome only at the moment.
Hey thanks for your replies,
so how that possible this hxxp:smf.bttdm.com [nonactive] forum can using gradient text color link?
Is there any way to place a div inside the certain of member groups?

Gwenwyfar

https://css-tricks.com seems to be using that as well. Looks like it's working in FF too. They should have an article somewhere on how it's done.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Kindred

I don't think so - not without recoding significant locations

and even the member color mod wouldn't allow this sort of thing (I don't think)
-- but you can install it in 2.0.x  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

yeah, it's webkit enabled browsers only...

personally, I despise it... but that's just me. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

Unless csstricks made some fallback, I could edit the css there to see the changes on Firefox.

You could get it done with individual classes with css to match, or just make the member color print the gradient, instead of color. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Arantor

Other than being a rewrite of any of the mods to do it :(

Gwenwyfar

I recall Member Color had the colors added in a single place (including the html for the link), using the input from the group, and then used that everywhere. But it's been long enough that I could be wrong. I don't even remember what I was meddling with it for, maybe to add custom member selected colors.

RobbyAJM

Alright guys, thanks for your replies, that help me so much as newbie!

Advertisement: