News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Format editor and smileys are gone!

Started by djoos5, February 21, 2019, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

1- do not use the full install. That will overwrite things that you don't want overwritten.

2- you could... although you'd have to go change all of the settings, paths and urls to point to your new location and you'd lose all of your avatars and attachments.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

djoos5

I did a full upgrade and the format editor is still gone.

I now can no longer search my site for info without getting a database error (picture above).

I don't know what else to do.

I didn't know if I change the name of the old folder on the my webhost server and then create a new folder with the same name and install to there, if I could set it up to attach to the database with all things there?

Biology Forums

When you "inspect element" browser-side, do you see remnants of the code? What's your URL, I'll check for you

djoos5

Hey Study Force,

I just sent you a PM.

Let me know if you are willing to look.

Thanks!

djoos5

Could any of this be because I updated my PHP to 7.2?

Biology Forums

Ok, so it has nothing to do with PHP.

I'm assuming it's a bug. I logged in, made such WYSIWYG editor was enabled. All settings related to WYSIWYG editor are checked, yet for some reason it's not appearing. It has to be a bug related to 2.1.

Illori

Biology Forums

A second suggestion would be to find a random theme, install it, and see if the WYSIWYG editor appears.

Quote from: Illori on March 07, 2019, 03:54:56 PM
any errors in the browser console?

jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js:3 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
minified_62c18ab31fc...1rc1_1551982981:618 Uncaught ReferenceError: sceditor is not defined
    at minified_62c18ab31fc...1rc1_1551982981:618
    at minified_62c18ab31fc...1rc1_1551982981:618
jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: sceditor is not defined ReferenceError: sceditor is not defined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (http://www.stewarts-security.com/job/index.php?action=post;topic=413.0;last_msg=1945:304:7)
    at j (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js:2:29999)
    at k (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js:2:30313) undefined
jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: sceditor is not defined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (index.php?action=pos...0;last_msg=1945:304)
    at j (jquery.min.js:2)
    at k (jquery.min.js:2)
drafts.js?smf21rc1_1551982981:25 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'contentWindow' of undefined
    at smf_DraftAutoSave.init (drafts.js?smf21rc1_1551982981:25)
    at <anonymous>:1:29
smf_DraftAutoSave.init @ drafts.js?smf21rc1_1551982981:25
(anonymous) @ VM60:1

I'm assuming it might be the SCEditor

djoos5

Any thoughts on why the database cannot be accessed by the search function?

Thanks!

Biology Forums

I don't think it has anything to do with the database either

Database is accessed via cpanel

djoos5

So I am thinking about just starting a new forum board. Do you think I should go through the trouble of moving all the active pieces over to a new forum, or are these challenges fixable?

Again, thanks for your help!

djoos5

Okay - following your advice, I added a 2.1 RC1 compatible theme to the board and nothing has happened. The Post Editor is still not present, so I am defaulting to your idea it might be a bug.

Is there a way I can RESIGN in to the database, as it appears to be asking?

Thanks!

djoos5

I just did a brand new build and here is the result (picture attached).

Is this a database issue now? Do I need to create an all new database? Is it possible the new installer package is broken?

I can't explain this at all. I have two boards - this one which I run for my office and another that I use for gaming. The gaming board is running great - all of my mods (none of which I do for my business board) working great!

Thanks for the help!

Kindred

no... that issue is not a database issue.

it means that your theme paths and urls are incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

djoos5

Thank you! I corrected this challenge on the new board, but still no Post Editor on a brand new install.

Also, if I do a search on the new forum it gives me the same database error - so I either have a corrupted database, or there is some setting I need to update to give the forum software permission to access the data...which it seems it does seeing as you can see the posts!

Anyway, I will wait a little longer for any advice before I just create a new database on my web server and build the site one more time.

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement: