Session verification failed.

Started by CesarManara, August 30, 2019, 02:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CesarManara

Hi, I just installed a brand new SMF forum and a few mods, after sometime, I got logged out and it asked me to login again - however, whenever I try, I get: Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

What I've tried:
clean out the Sessions, log_activity, log_errors tables.
clean out session files on my tmp folder on my server
use a different browser (chrome, ie and firefox).
clean out cookies.

Nothing seems to have helped, any ideas how to fix this? I cannot logout to login again, the error is whenever I try to login.

Using SMF 2.1 RC2. No themes installed.
Link: https://kindred.com.br/forum/index.php

Illori

which version of SMF are you using?

have you changed the theme to a custom one?

CesarManara

Quote from: Illori on August 30, 2019, 03:13:31 PM
which version of SMF are you using?

have you changed the theme to a custom one?

2.1 RC2, and no.

Illori

CesarManara

Illori

are you trying to use SMF 2.1 in production? it is not really recommended to do so unless you are able to troubleshoot issues that come up. I would recommend you to install SMF 2.0.15 and see if the issue happens there.

CesarManara

Quote from: Illori on August 30, 2019, 03:43:38 PMare you trying to use SMF 2.1 in production? it is not really recommended to do so unless you are able to troubleshoot issues that come up. I would recommend you to install SMF 2.0.15 and see if the issue happens there.

I've had success in using 2.1 before in production - It's not going to be a super big forum and I don't mind troubleshooting things. This has been beyond my abilities so far, though.
If I can't fix this, I could just do a new clean install again.

shawnb61

Sometimes changing the cookie # works...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

CesarManara

I did a reset (put brand new ones) of all files on /Sources and /themes/default - that made it work again. I guess now to install mods one by one and see which caused the problem.

CesarManara

Advertisement: