News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Clubs mod?

Started by saltwater, February 23, 2019, 09:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltwater

I don't know if something like this is available, but I was wanting a clubs mod, similar to invision community? I've looked around google and the SMF site, but have yet to find anything similar to what I'm looking for. I am super new to SMF and am still getting the feel for how it works :)

Willing to pay. Although I'm not ready to purchase just yet, please DM me to get more info so I can get a quote. I will also need references and/or a portfolio (I got scammed out of some money requesting a mod on MyBB a few years back and won't make that mistake again)

Arantor

More details would be useful, not everyone here knows what Invision Community offers these days.

saltwater

My apologies!

Clubs are like small groups that members can join. In the club, you can make additional "topics," which are akin to having forums inside of the groups.
Groups can be made so that everyone can join them, by invitation only. They can be made so that everyone can see the topics inside, or that only club members can see them.

Here's a few screenshots from a demo I'm trying out with Invision Community:

Club home, which shows tabs that have info like the members that are in the club and the topics/forums inside of that club: hxxp:gyazo.com/d8a8e8377ca200c557ede684cb9d3bac [nonactive]
Topic area, where you can make additional posts/threads: hxxp:gyazo.com/7369944d7c5b1640e3ccc79de267183d [nonactive]
Managing club, where you can add additional topics, pages, info, etc: hxxp:gyazo.com/91505e10693e218c208952627f48b144 [nonactive]

lurkalot

Not 100% sure, but isn't this achievable with SMF out of the box?  I mean, as far as I'm aware,

you can have groups where you can invite members. 
You can set different boards accessible only to those groups.
Members can belong to more than one group, so can view various boards and topics.
You can have a different theme displayed on different boards.
You can have subscribers, so they pay to access certain boards or content.

Someone will no doubt correct me on this.  ;)

Arantor

The problem is that you need to implement what amounts to user-defined groups (as opposed to admin defined groups) and then give them what amount to private boards that only the groups (+admin for legal reasons) can see.

Difficult enough in SMF to do but not so difficult it's unmanageable, unfortunately not something I have the time to take on right now.

Doug Heffernan

To develop a mod similar to invision community 's club system it is going to be a very huge job, which will require quite a lot of time and therefore it will be very expensive.

br360

Advertisement: