Direct Link/URL for Post Moderation Queue?

Started by avwebsites, February 23, 2019, 11:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avwebsites

Greetings, everyone:

Ok, I must be blind.  I'm an optimist and think that I can have guest post replies be allowed, with moderation of posts on.  In my imaginary world, spammers will see that there is no way that a post will every be approved, and abandon their pursuits. :)

I get a summary email letting me know that a guest has made a post.  That's great!  But, I can't seem to find an actual URL for post modification.  I have to wait for the email.

Isn't there a url that I can book mark to check guest posts (all moderated posts) for approval and deletion?

Last, is there a MOD that allows me to ban IP addresses at the same time which I delete spam posting?

I wonder what SimpleMachines uses...  Sometimes I can't access the domain at all because obviously my VPN IP has been black listed; I drop dead at a firewall.

Thanks!

Arantor

It's the first item in the Moderate menu, Unapproved Posts and Topics, aka yourdomain.com/index.php?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=posts

Guest posting almost never yields anything productive any more, and spammers don't even bother looking, it's just automated so they blast whenever and wherever they can.

Every spam recommendation we have is about keeping users out that shouldn't be there, rather than trying to clean up the mess efficiently after. Besides, too many bans makes the system slow especially when they don't reuse the IPs later on.

avwebsites

I knew I was being blind.

Thanks for the wise words, Arantor.

I'm trying to encourage lazy facebook posters to engage more in a forum, so I link over from facebook quite a lot.  I'm tired of facebook owning my data, especially when they've been deleting groups on a whim.

I have not yet installed the facebook integration because I got some errors in the installation test... if I get really motivated, I might try to get it installed.  I'm hesitant because I've read that the facebook integration is problematic!

I'll stay the course and disable the guest posting if it becomes too much

Maybe I'll look into blocking spammer IPs from Cloud Flare to keep the load off of the local server, who knows.

I wonder if Askimet would work well?  Since employing askimet on my Word Press blog, I have never had to deal with spam at all.

Arantor

Akismet doesn't really work that well for forum posts, and the mods for it haven't been great either.

avwebsites

Good to know!  Thanks for saving me a bunch of time and frustration. :)

Advertisement: