News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to show a date on every post

Started by Bucharest100, February 25, 2019, 08:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucharest100

At the moment members have to amend their own settings to their timezone is there a way for me to amend settings so that all posts will show a date and time

Thank you

Kindred

?? ???

All posts *DO* show a date and time - unless you or your theme removed that.
It's at the top of each and every post.

but what does that have to do with timezones?

Unless you are actually asking - is there a way to set the entire forum to a specific timezone, which is different form the server timezone.
if so, then the answer is yes...
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Features_and_Options
Overall time offset - Not all forum administrators want their forum to use the same time zone as the server upon which it is hosted. Use this option to specify a time difference (in hours) between the desired time zone of the forum and the time zone of the server. Negative and decimal values are permitted.
Server timezone - The server timezone tells PHP where the server is located. Forum administrators must ensure this is set correctly, preferably to the country/city in which the server is located. More information can be found on the official PHP website.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bucharest100

Ok its black rain theme and at the moment it only shows when members set their own in profile

I will have a  look and yes thats what i was asking

Thank you

Advertisement: