Firefox and Post preview

Started by Cathal, February 28, 2019, 05:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathal

When using FF and you are using the post preview to make a post then posts are not being saved with carriage returns
If you switch to code preview then that is exactly what is posted - all other tags like bold etc are present.
Is this an encoding issue for FF?

Arantor

Kindred

in addition to the version of SMF...

URL which demonstrates the issue?
mods installed?

Is this from a pasted content into the WYSIWYG editor?  If so, pasted from a microsoft product (like word?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cathal

It happens on all posts where you click preview to go to the full editor. Not from pasted content, directly typed
Works fine in Chrome, haven't tried any other browser.

These are all the mods - don't think any of them would be interfering with it.
Recount Member Posts
SMFShop
httpBL
Battle
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Ad Managment
Embed Tweet BBCode
Like Posts
Show BBCode to guests
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Default Avatar

Illori

i believe this is browser related not something we can easily fix ourselves. if you search on it, you should find it reported many times.

Cathal

Quote from: Illori on March 03, 2019, 05:32:33 PM
i believe this is browser related not something we can easily fix ourselves. if you search on it, you should find it reported many times.

Could you give me some links to the issue - tried googling and cannot find any references to it
I don't understand how it could be a browser issue when the RTE should be inserting break tags

Arantor

Because the RTE relies on many, many browser quirks which no longer apply (which is why the editor was totally replaced in 2.1)

Cathal

Advertisement: