News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Different times before and after login

Started by japierdykampl, March 04, 2019, 08:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japierdykampl

hello All,

I encountered strange behaviour after installed SMF on my local linux.

I've configured it's pretty well (I suppose), but cannot handle one topic (so far).

if You look at the attachment, You'll see (top on the left side) the time before login (which is correct), and the time after login (which isn't correct, as it's move back by 1 hour).

for the forum, I've set time as Europe/Warsaw - and the same time is on my linux.

could someone explain what's the problem, and how I could fix or avoid it?

I'd appreciate.

best regards,
Grzegorz

Kindred

You probably have good amount set to a different time from the base forum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarkRH

Go into your Forum Profile and set the Timezone to the Forum Default, it's probably set to UTC or something in the database.
Mark H.

japierdykampl

hi All,

yes, indeed, both You're right. as I'm newbe, didn't find the proper place to maintain the time zones separately for whole Forum, and for specific users. simply I've thought, that time zone for Forum is master setting, and user settings, are only used when they are not set.

now I understand, that when user has no time zone set, UTC is used as default.

anyway, big thanks for both of You!

best regards,
Grzegorz

Advertisement: