Convert Topic Link To Topic Subject Name

Started by njtweb, March 14, 2019, 08:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Vbulletin used to automatically convert forum links to the actual topic name when referencing another forum topic, (pasting the URL into another post). Is there a mod here that will do that?

Thank you

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on March 14, 2019, 09:40:44 AM
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Descriptive-Links

Yes sir, that is exactly what I was attempting to say. LOL. I've never seen a mod like this before from the site referenced, can it be installed the same way mods are installed through the ACP?

Thank you

EDIT - Doesn't look like it's supported anymore or doesn't work with 2.0.15.

An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Shambles

It work & installs perfectly on 2.0.15. I believe you're getting the error because the git download has a top level folder which the package manager objects to.

So, did you follow the advice you quoted?

Quote1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Either that or repackage the unzipped contents to lose that top level folder.

Kindred

when you download from Github, it puts the files 2 directories deep...   

on your own PC, extract the files and then rebuild the archive only one level deep.

or you can do the instructions as listed above
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Shambles on March 14, 2019, 10:11:02 AM
It work & installs perfectly on 2.0.15. I believe you're getting the error because the git download has a top level folder which the package manager objects to.

So, did you follow the advice you quoted?

Quote1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.

Either that or repackage the unzipped contents to lose that top level folder.

Gotcha! That was the problem, thank you so much. Works perfectly.

Thank you everybody!

Advertisement: