My forums quote box isn't showing. It only displays gibberish

Started by billy yellow, March 08, 2019, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy yellow

When a poster uses the quote button in replying to a poster no quote box is shown in the post. All it shows is something like this:

Quote from: Linda on March 08, 2019, 06:15:59 PM
...er,, did u email them your payment?

br360

Can you post a link to your forum so we can see an actual example?

Kindred

because what you indicated as "shows like this" seems to be exactly correct.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

billy yellow

Quote from: Kindred on March 09, 2019, 09:12:27 PM
because what you indicated as "shows like this" seems to be exactly correct.

lol..what i did was cut/paste the gibberish that shows up on my site and placed it onto this thread as an example and it miraculously turned into what a quote box should look like. On my site however it is just gibberish.

br360

If you don't want to post a link to your forum, maybe take a screenshot of an example on your forum instead.

If you don't have a quote box I'm guessing it may be related to the custom theme you may be using. 

Can you check the quotes on your site using the default SMF theme and see if that shows normally?

billy yellow

Quote from: br360 on March 09, 2019, 11:35:54 PM
If you don't want to post a link to your forum, maybe take a screenshot of an example on your forum instead.

If you don't have a quote box I'm guessing it may be related to the custom theme you may be using. 

Can you check the quotes on your site using the default SMF theme and see if that shows normally?

I am using a custom theme, but it also doesn't work on the default theme.

Instead of the quote box appearing it simply shows what you see when you type out a reply after hitting the quote button. The quote never turns into a quote box. I submitted an example of what a post looks like using a quote.

shawnb61

That looks like it's not honoring the quote bbc...   

Look under Admin | Forum | Posts and Topics | Bulletin Board Code, do you have BBC enabled & is the little checkbox by quote selected?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

billy yellow

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 10, 2019, 12:25:43 AM
That looks like it's not honoring the quote bbc...   

Look under Admin | Forum | Posts and Topics | Bulletin Board Code, do you have BBC enabled & is the little checkbox by quote selected?

BINGO! Thank-you very much for your help. That did it.  :D

Advertisement: