News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

unable to back up

Started by alantani, March 12, 2019, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i tried to do a back up and got an error message.  i'm not very good at this and i don't think in the last 10 years i've ever been able to get the "back up" done properly, but i understand that i need to migrate from smf 1.1 to smf 2.1, so that's why i tried again.  here is the message.  any idea what's up?

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member alantani    March 11, 2019, 09:10:18 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 69.181.217.134     Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 266c5edfbc1818898d09bfc9a22bbdc7
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL https://alantani.com/index.php?struct=on&data=on&compress=gzip&action=dumpdb&sesc=266c5edfbc1818898d09bfc9a22bbdc7 [nofollow]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8192: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead.
File: /home/content/33/3530133/html/Sources/DumpDatabase.php
Line: 235

vbgamer45

I would suggest if you have cpanel to backup via phpmyadmin if you need help you can pm me here or on smfhacks

SMF backup doesn't always work all the times.   And there are two parts to a backup first the database and second the site files.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Doug Heffernan

How big is your database? If you have a big forum phpmyadmin is no good either due to the size file limit restriction that they have. It would be better imo to make a backup using another script, such as mysqldumper for example.

Advertisement: