News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Mobile theme spam Protection

Started by Matthias, March 14, 2019, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

Hello,

I'm using the SMF4Mobile theme. At the registration page there is no spam protection. At the desktop site I use the google recaptcha from installed via the mod.
How can you activate a spam protection. Without spam protection this isn't usable!
Quality first

Illori

you paid for that theme, you should be posting on their support board for assistance. we don't support paid themes here.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Matthias on March 14, 2019, 02:16:09 PM
Hello,

I'm using the SMF4Mobile theme. At the registration page there is no spam protection. At the desktop site I use the google recaptcha from installed via the mod.
How can you activate a spam protection. Without spam protection this isn't usable!

It looks like that mod is not compatible with said theme. But like Illori said, this is something that you best ask the theme designer.

Arantor

To be fair, I wouldn't consider reCAPTCHA an instant cure-all for spam, judging by how much spam makes it here each day despite being protected by reCAPTCHA.

Matthias

Quote from: Arantor on March 14, 2019, 03:44:45 PM
To be fair, I wouldn't consider reCAPTCHA an instant cure-all for spam, judging by how much spam makes it here each day despite being protected by reCAPTCHA.

Of course it wouldn't be the cure of all. One of my sites are  online with a forum since 2003. When I'm  looking  at the apache logfiles, there are really more than a couple of ,,visits" for the registration page.
These days it's in my opinion impossible to have a website with registration function without spam protection.
Quality first

Arantor

Can you actually register through the registration page? Or does it fail because the reCAPTCHA isn't there?

vbgamer45

Please post on the customer site. Recatpcha support should be built in the latest version. Unless the mod changed something recently. I use recaptcha and that mod on a few sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Matthias

Quote from: Arantor on March 14, 2019, 04:08:46 PM
Can you actually register through the registration page? Or does it fail because the reCAPTCHA isn't there?

That works pretty well.
Quality first

Matthias

I have posted that on the customer site.
https://www.smfmobiletheme.com/community/index.php
I think, you know this site...  ;)

Quality first

Advertisement: