News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Settings.php file Question

Started by Daryl Fawcett, March 15, 2019, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl Fawcett

In Version 2 is the Settings.php file still being used?

I ask as the Setting.php file is empty and I am unable to access the forum.

I am receiving the following error information in my error log file:

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: boarddir in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 47

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  require_once(/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php/56/usr/lib64:/usr/php/56/usr/share/pear') in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

Gary

Yes, Settings.php is still being used.

If by empty you mean the file contains no content then upload a refresh one from the install package and then use repair_settings.php to repopulate them, if the variables are just blanked out but are otherwise present, then skip uploading and run repair_settings.php by itself.

Also, if you have Settings_bak.php and that has the correct data, then you can create a copy of that, and rename it Settings.php instead.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Daryl Fawcett

The Settings_bak.php is also empty as in no content whatsoever.

Both Settings.php and Settings_bak.php show zero bytes and has no content in there whatsoever.

I am wondering why and how the content was removed from not just one of them but also from both of them?

Will the repair_setting.php file fix the Settings.php file?

Illori

Daryl Fawcett

"If by empty you mean the file contains no content then upload a refresh one from the install package and then use repair_settings.php to repopulate them."

I am in the process of doing this.

Daryl Fawcett

Problem resolved.

Thank you very much! :)

Advertisement: