News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Settings.php file Question

Started by Daryl Fawcett, March 15, 2019, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl Fawcett

In Version 2 is the Settings.php file still being used?

I ask as the Setting.php file is empty and I am unable to access the forum.

I am receiving the following error information in my error log file:

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: boarddir in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 47

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  require_once(/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

[15-Mar-2019 08:33:02 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php/56/usr/lib64:/usr/php/56/usr/share/pear') in /home1/maritim5/public_html/christiansdiscuss/forum/index.php on line 51

Gary

Yes, Settings.php is still being used.

If by empty you mean the file contains no content then upload a refresh one from the install package and then use repair_settings.php to repopulate them, if the variables are just blanked out but are otherwise present, then skip uploading and run repair_settings.php by itself.

Also, if you have Settings_bak.php and that has the correct data, then you can create a copy of that, and rename it Settings.php instead.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Daryl Fawcett

The Settings_bak.php is also empty as in no content whatsoever.

Both Settings.php and Settings_bak.php show zero bytes and has no content in there whatsoever.

I am wondering why and how the content was removed from not just one of them but also from both of them?

Will the repair_setting.php file fix the Settings.php file?

Illori

Daryl Fawcett

"If by empty you mean the file contains no content then upload a refresh one from the install package and then use repair_settings.php to repopulate them."

I am in the process of doing this.

Daryl Fawcett

Problem resolved.

Thank you very much! :)

Advertisement: