News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post scrolling versus pagination

Started by njtweb, March 15, 2019, 12:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

I'm thinking about installing this but I'd like to get opinions from anybody who might be using it or something similar. Does anybody see any advantages or disadvantages to scrolling versus pagination?

Ajax continuous post scrolling mod - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3897

The reason why I'm thinking about installing is because 3/4 of my traffic is on phones. I'm assuming this would be easier for them to scroll through several pages of comments versus having to click each page number to get to the next page to read prior comments.

Thank  you and I look forward to any comments.

vbgamer45

The hard is for posts that have many pages might be harder to jump to a certain page or the end/start
also note:
4. However, this mod has it caveat i.e. depending on your forum server, it may break if the posts are more than 500 or so.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

The mod would be great if it were extended to the message index as well, but it seems only limited to threads

vbgamer45

One thing to also keep in mind if your site is ad support. You will get a lot less page views since no page reloads.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

njtweb

Oh yes, very very important and good point. That alone has me out now.

Advertisement: