News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

integrate_admin_areas Hook Missing from 2.1 RC1

Started by Randem, March 15, 2019, 07:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randem

In the Admin.php file the code for integrate_admin_areas is missing. Is this an oversight?

// Let them modify admin areas easily.
call_integration_hook('integrate_admin_areas', array(&$admin_areas));

Is there some other way to achieve what this hook was for? or do I need to put it back with a MOD?
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Arantor

There's a generic hook inside the menu code instead that replaces the equivalent hooks for admin and profile.

Randem

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

vbgamer45

Odd... I been using integrate_admin_areas in my mods for SMF 2.1 seems to still work for some reason...
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Randem

It may have been there in 2.1 but the code is definitely missing in 2.1 RC1...

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sesquipedalian

It's here:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/1280283d1e389fd1532f8cfa37d6e532d8777ed3/Sources/Subs-Menu.php#L67-L69

When building the admin menu, that will call the integrate_admin_menu hook. When building the moderation menu, it will call the integrate_moderate_menu hook, etc., etc.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sesquipedalian

I remember being confused about that myself once when I was getting started with 2.1's code, so I've just added some comments to make it easier for others to find this in the future.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: