Customizing SMF > Modifications and Packages

Post as Another Member

(1/5) > >>

Sesquipedalian:
Link to Mod

Post As Another Member

A modification for Simple Machines Forum version 2.1 that adds the ability for a member to post as another member. Members with permission to do this can create new posts in the name of another member, and can change the attributed author of any post they can modify.

When a post is attributed to another member using this mod, the post will truly and fully belong to that other member in every sense.

Settings

Adds a "Post as another member" permission to the board permission profiles available in Administration Center ► Permissions ► Edit Profiles. The permission can be granted to any given membergroup in any given permission profile.

The permission is always enabled for administrators.

License

Post As Another Member is released under the MIT License. A full copy of this license is included in the package file.

Changelog

Version 1.5:

* Added Italian translation
Version 1.4:

* Fixes a bug where non-admins would never see the "Post As" field on the boardless posting page (i.e. "?action=post" as opposed to "?action=post;board=1"), even if they had the necessary permisson.
Version 1.3:

* Added Dutch translation
Version 1.2:

* Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
* Added Russian translation
Version 1.1:

* Added Latin Spanish translation
Version 1.0:

* Initial release

Rock Lee:
It seems pretty good, I'm going to try it on a test site that I have. And since we are leaving the translation to Latin Spanish!

Regards!

Sesquipedalian:
Excellent! Thanks, Rock Lee. I'll add the translation to the package soon.

Bugo:
Can you also include Russian translation?

landyvlad:
Awesome mate - great mod !

I'm pretty sure this mods the post ID in the database? In which case I can make changes and then (if I wanted to ) uninstall and delete the mod and the changes I had made would remain. Yes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version