Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Server timezone

Started by pocttopus, March 19, 2019, 06:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Hello folks,

I have an issue with time on our forum.
When members are loged in every time of posts are fine, but when we are reading the forum loged out times of the posts are different, i.e. 10 hours earlier from the actual real post (local) time. I tried to change this but I don't know how.

Our hosting provider is 10 hours difference with our local time from eastern Europe.

How can I solve this?
Thanks!

Kindred

ste the server time in your admin settings, then set the overall forum offset at +10
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pocttopus

If I set +10 for members is not real local time.  :(

If I set -10 then for the members everything is fine.
For guest everything seems like minus 10 hours earlier.  :-\

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pocttopus

I don't know the exact time of the server time.
Somewhere in America.  :-\

Sir Osis of Liver

If you look in Profile -> Look and Layout -> Time Offset, I believe 'Current forum time' is server time.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 19, 2019, 05:33:14 PM
If you look in Profile -> Look and Layout -> Time Offset, I believe 'Current forum time' is server time.
Yes, I believe so. I don't know the server time and I don't know how to find it.  :-\
It's just areas in the world and I don't know them all.  :o

Advertisement: