News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Profile Views/Profile Visitors

Started by Doug Heffernan, March 22, 2019, 11:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Link to Mod

This mod will add the number of views that users receive on their profiles. There are no settings for this mod. Simply install it and you are good to go. Enjoy it :)

Update: The new package, ProfileVisitors, will log the views/visits to members profiles and display latest x number of visitors.

Permissions:

The mod adds a new permission to groups under the Member Profiles permission set, to view the latest visitors to own or any profile. You can include/disclude admins from being shown at the profile visitors list.

Settings:

The mod has 2 setting. One contains the number of visitors that will be displayed in profiles and the second to include/disclude admins from being shown up at the profile visitors list.

If you have any questions post them in the mod 's support topic.

4everBlue

Doug Heffernan

The new version adds to permissions to groups under the Member Profiles permission set, to view the latest visitors to own or any profile. The mod has a setting which contains the number of visitors that will be displayed in profiles. And as last, but certainly not least, a new block containing the top 10 most viewed members has been added to the stats page.

Please contact me in private if you would have any questions about the mod or should you want to purchase it.

sunshinebd

It is a good mod. Thanks. I have an idea. How about a mod for follower like twitter. :)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sunshinebd on March 24, 2019, 06:36:14 PM
It is a good mod. Thanks. I have an idea. How about a mod for follower like twitter. :)

I can code it if you are willing to fund its developement.

-Rock Lee-

It seems interesting to try it, good job @doug_ips!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Rock Lee on March 25, 2019, 10:03:27 AM
It seems interesting to try it, good job @doug_ips!

Regards!

Thank you Rock Lee :)

Doug Heffernan

Update: The new package, ProfileVisitors, will log the views/visits to members profiles and display latest x number of visitors.

Permissions:

The mod adds a new permission to groups under the Member Profiles permission set, to view the latest visitors to own or any profile. You can include/disclude admins from being shown at the profile visitors list.

Settings:

The mod has 2 setting. One contains the number of visitors that will be displayed in profiles and the second to include/disclude admins from being shown up at the profile visitors list.

If you have any questions post them in the mod 's support topic.

_.EvilExecutor._

I installed the mod but after fixing permissions too the profile visitors doesn't show up. ( I didn't enable Log Admin Profile Views)

Any idea about what I can do? The mod looks awesome...

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: _.EvilExecutor._ on May 30, 2020, 11:19:47 AM
I installed the mod but after fixing permissions too the profile visitors doesn't show up. ( I didn't enable Log Admin Profile Views)

Any idea about what I can do? The mod looks awesome...

Can you please post the link to your forum?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: _.EvilExecutor._ on May 30, 2020, 11:28:51 AM
here it is - forum.lazergaming.net

Your forum is closed for guests, so I can not view the profiles.

Anyway, did you download and install the ProfileVisitors.zip package? Because I see that that package has 0 downloads, which leads me to believe that you have not download it.

_.EvilExecutor._

Hmm yeah I downloaded and installed both the mods. Well somehow after messing up a bit views work but latest visitors doesnt seem to work.

As u see 3 views but yet no latest visitors

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: _.EvilExecutor._ on May 30, 2020, 11:51:41 AM
Hmm yeah I downloaded and installed both the mods. Well somehow after messing up a bit views work but latest visitors doesnt seem to work.

As u see 3 views but yet no latest visitors

Can you post a screenshot of the mod settings and provide a test account for your forum?

_.EvilExecutor._

Disabling pretty url fixed it. But idk why.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: _.EvilExecutor._ on May 30, 2020, 12:42:33 PM
Disabling pretty url fixed it. But idk why.

Glad to see that you got it fixed. It seems weird though that pretty urls was getting in the way btw.

_.EvilExecutor._

Thanks for the support and concern.

shadav

do I need both mods or is profile visitors enough?
[eidt] I get it with the 2 mods, sorry was having a derrr moment, one shows the actual number of visits, the other just shows the last x visitors, so can use both or just one as you wish but you don't need 1 for the other to work [/edit]

also, after reading i see I have the same problem....with pretty urls on the mod doesn't work, if pretty urls turned off, it does work...
any suggestions on how to fix this to work with pretty urls?

[edit again] hm seems that package manager can't install profile views, I've tried emulating 2.0.15, 2.0 RC4, SMF 2.0, SMF 2.0.3.....

Doug Heffernan

What pretty urls mod are you using?

[chrisB]

I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

[chrisB]

[chrisB]

No worries, thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement: