News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Search Engine BBC

Started by Rumpa, November 25, 2022, 08:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumpa

Link to the mod

Search Engine BBC

Author:

Rumpa

This mods gives you different types of search result.Bing BBC adds a powerful BBC wich allows you to search through the Bings's database.

Google search gives you access the google database.

And other hand iMDB gives you iMDB database result. It's very simple to use. For example, if you want to search the database for movie called "Black Adam" then it will look like this:

[imdb]Black Adam[/imdb]
Or you want to search anything then use

[bing]Type anything[/bing]
[google]simple machines forum[/google]
This mod uses the integration hooks, so it won't make any changes to SMF's core files.

V1.1 added Google search

News in version 1.0

- Initial release

This modification is licensed under BSD License (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php)

Copyright (c) 2022, Rumpa
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

landyvlad

and how does that actually display? Does it open a new tab with the content (eg IMDB page) or does it jump to that in the current window, or does it embed the results in the post or...?

A bit more detail and some screenshots would be helpful in demonstrating to people what the mod actually does, and how it might be useful to them.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Rumpa

Quote from: landyvlad on November 29, 2022, 07:20:50 PMand how does that actually display? Does it open a new tab with the content (eg IMDB page) or does it jump to that in the current window, or does it embed the results in the post or...?

A bit more detail and some screenshots would be helpful in demonstrating to people what the mod actually does, and how it might be useful to them.
Actually it's open a new tab with a result.

Rumpa

Here are the screen shots how this modification working
It's open a new tab with the search result

landyvlad

Ideas for future upgrade (if possible)
- wikipedia search
- google search
- YouTube search

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Rumpa

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Rumpa

Google search added

Before install v1.1 uninstall v1.0

AllMassive

would be nice if a imdb-url would be autoembeded - but i understand thats not the scope of this mod.

Rumpa

Quote from: AllMassive on December 14, 2022, 01:06:42 AMwould be nice if a imdb-url would be autoembeded - but i understand thats not the scope of this mod.
Let me think about it

AllMassive

would be very nice if it could be embed the same way like the Auto Tweet works.
* AllMassive hides

Advertisement: