News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error message when registering new members

Started by Figuur84, March 23, 2019, 06:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figuur84

Hi all,

I suddenly have a problem with registering members. I do not allow people to register themselves on the forum, but register them myself as an admin. It always worked, but suddenly I get an error message:

Field 'adk_pages_notifications' doesn't have a default value
Bestand: /home/pyvj391209/domains/dcs-forum.nl/public_html/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Regel: 772

How can i fix this? I am not an ICT-guy, so it would be great if you can explain it to me as simple as possible.

I already tried a backup, but that does not help.

We use 2.0.15

Thnx in advance.

SpacePhoenix

Any changes to the database server made around the same time the problem started?

Figuur84

Quote from: SpacePhoenix on March 23, 2019, 06:44:21 AM
Any changes to the database server made around the same time the problem started?

No I did not change anything. Last week I registered some new members and then it still worked. Now I suddenly get this error.

@rjen

It looks like mysql has been upgraded or the STRICT setting has been applied by the host...

are you running your own server?

if not (like most of us) you have to check with your host what they did...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

But regardless of why they changed: it looks like you may need to set a default to some database fields that a mod (probably ADK portal) added to your database...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Doug Heffernan

If you set set the default value to null for that field, adk_pages_notifications, it should fix the issues.

P.s. That field is not part of smf btw. If you are not using anymore the mod that has added it, the best course of action imo would be to completely delete the field. 

Figuur84

Quote from: doug_ips on March 23, 2019, 08:17:08 AM
If you set set the default value to null for that field, adk_pages_notifications, it should fix the issues.

P.s. That field is not part of smf btw. If you are not using anymore the mod that has added it, the best course of action imo would be to completely delete the field.

Hi, thanks for the help so far to all.

It says in the error that it's in the line 772, where shout I put the 0 you are mentioning?

// Register them into the database.
   $smcFunc['db_insert']('',
      '{db_prefix}members',
      $column_names,
      $values,
      array('id_member')
   );                                                                                                                            THIS IS LINE 772 in Notepad++
   $memberID = $smcFunc['db_insert_id']('{db_prefix}members', 'id_member');

Arantor

You need to change the database itself, using something like phpMyAdmin.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Figuur84 on March 23, 2019, 09:07:32 AM

It says in the error that it's in the line 772, where shout I put the 0 you are mentioning?

'{db_prefix}members',
      $column_names,
      $values,
      array('id_member')
   );                                                                                                                            THIS IS LINE 772 in Notepad++

As mentioned above, you must change it in the database and not in the files. Are you still using that mod btw?

Figuur84

Quote from: doug_ips on March 23, 2019, 09:52:40 AM

'{db_prefix}members',
      $column_names,
      $values,
      array('id_member')

As mentioned above, you must change it in the database and not in the files. Are you still using that mod btw?

I have no mods installed now, but it does not help. Could it be in the theme? I went in the database through phpmyadmin, but i have no clue what to do or look for and what to change to fix it....

Illori

if you are not sure how to fix it, possibly your host could help. put in a ticket with them and see if they can fix it.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Figuur84 on April 21, 2019, 07:39:47 AM
Quote from: doug_ips on March 23, 2019, 09:52:40 AM

'{db_prefix}members',
      $column_names,
      $values,
      array('id_member')

I have no mods installed now, but it does not help. Could it be in the theme? I went in the database through phpmyadmin, but i have no clue what to do or look for and what to change to fix it....

If you have no mods installed you can remove the adk_pages_notifications from the database.

Advertisement: