SMF 2.1 RC2 Released

Started by Sesquipedalian, March 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

I heard that the ponies were partying like it's 1999.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Haven't heard of ponies much lately, but I heard Helsinki PD just opened a whole new "drugmule" training program to replace K9 -units.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Pyrhel

It's April Fool's day! It would be awesome if you have announced the Final is ready ;D ;D

I haven't read the previous posts when I saw Aleksi's one about the ponies and I thought ye're talking about today's unicorns of StackOverflow :D

Arantor

Quote from: live627 on April 01, 2019, 10:40:48 AM
I heard that the ponies were partying like it's 1999.

It's all about the Pentiums.

Gwenwyfar

Not to spoil the surprise, but in the next major version of SMF we will make ponies the main focus. And make sure it runs optimally on Pentiums and Commodores, it's all about time travel these days.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

SeverityGaming

thank you so much for doing this guys! been on SMF since 2007.

MultiformeIngegno

Congratulations! Nice work
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

affofficial

Pyrhel

I'm throwing an eye on the progress at github, the RC3 is at 50%. This looks great, I'm really happy seeing how fast the issues are resolved.
If the current rate is kept, it seems that we'll see the Final months before the end of the year. What a great news!

Ramón Cutanda

SMF 2.1 is awesome. It really is an amazing update from old faithful 2.0.15. In my particular case, I had to deal with several major problems but, little by little, and with the awesome support of all the SMF family, I am a super happy upgraded user. I loved SMF 2.1 RC1, but I will surely love RC2 even more. Thank you so much for supporting my community since 2008!

Antechinus

Quote from: Pyrhel on April 05, 2019, 09:29:18 AM
I'm throwing an eye on the progress at github, the RC3 is at 50%. This looks great, I'm really happy seeing how fast the issues are resolved.
If the current rate is kept, it seems that we'll see the Final months before the end of the year. What a great news!

They are going at an impressive rate at the moment. I checked the open issues list, and 16 of them are either waiting on pull requests or are listed as "Has Fix".  Of course there are bound to be a few gnarly ones that will slow things down, but overall it's going very well.

Masterd

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2019, 07:31:42 PM
Quote from: Pyrhel on April 05, 2019, 09:29:18 AM

They are going at an impressive rate at the moment. I checked the open issues list, and 16 of them are either waiting on pull requests or are listed as "Has Fix".  Of course there are bound to be a few gnarly ones that will slow things down, but overall it's going very well.

And that is extremely encouraging. Things haven't looked this good since 2010. :D

landyvlad

I just upgraded to RC2... I hope RC3 doesn't come along too soon...  :P :P :P :P  ;D
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Bigguy

I think your the first one to say that......EVER, lol.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Bigguy on April 07, 2019, 09:43:57 AM

LOL :D... yeah... I think most of the people around here are like "OK, RC3, 70% complete... come on, come on" and refreshing the GitHub page every two minutes :D.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

live627

Quote from: landyvlad on April 07, 2019, 01:58:26 AM
I just upgraded to RC2... I hope RC3 doesn't come along too soon...  :P :P :P :P  ;D
I'll bite... how soon is too soon?

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Antechinus

Quote from: Bigguy on April 07, 2019, 09:43:57 AM

Themers and modders say that sort of thing frequently, for any non-stable release series.

Biology Forums

What even determines a potential RC3 release? Is it dependent on the bugs that early adopters report?

Advertisement: