News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 RC2 Released

Started by Sesquipedalian, March 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrManager

Is there an issue tracker/topic somewhere describing what exactly the changes in this upcoming 2.0.16 release will be? Improved GDPR support and PHP 7.2 updates both sound like great updates!

Arantor

Quote from: MrManager on November 03, 2019, 01:39:29 PM
Is there an issue tracker/topic somewhere describing what exactly the changes in this upcoming 2.0.16 release will be? Improved GDPR support and PHP 7.2 updates both sound like great updates!

Not publicly. There's a bunch of bug fixes, some stuff to help with GDPR and some stuff to make 7.2 compatibility work. A full changelog will be published along with the 2.0.16 patch.

SD-X

Quote from: Arantor on November 03, 2019, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: MrManager on November 03, 2019, 01:39:29 PM

Not publicly. There's a bunch of bug fixes, some stuff to help with GDPR and some stuff to make 7.2 compatibility work. A full changelog will be published along with the 2.0.16 patch.
I don't want to push this off of the original topic more, but is there a current estimate on how far done the 2.0.16 patch is thus far? Just curious more than anything else.

Kindred

It's being tested. It will be released when it's ready.... :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SD-X

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2019, 05:14:32 PM
It's being tested. It will be released when it's ready.... :P
Awesome!

As for a release date, I guessed that. I just meant as far as its development went in terms of a percentage for the sake of curiosity. If it is in testing, then I'm assuming it is fairly close to done. :)

SMiFFER

Quote from: m4z on October 22, 2019, 10:01:17 AM
At least this needs to be done for SMF2.1 RC3.
At least this needs to be done for SMF2.1 Final.

THANK YOU!!!!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SaltedWeb

Nice to see it moving along pretty fast it seems. Well in the scream of things it is fast...awesome job
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Apllicmz

HusaBob

All I get is an error when trying to upgrade from 2.0.15

An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

d3vcho

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on March 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM
Finally, as always, this announcement topic is not for support. Discussion and support for SMF 2.1 can be found in the SMF 2.1 support board.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

However.... your problem is that a major upgrade can not be done using the package manager...   follow the actual instructions for a major upgrade
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HusaBob

Quote from: Kindred on November 08, 2019, 01:35:17 PM
However.... your problem is that a major upgrade can not be done using the package manager...   follow the actual instructions for a major upgrade

Thanks. I'm assuming you're directing your response to me. It has been a few years since I was an admin and I am trying to remember what to do ha ha. I noticed that the link to create a local copy is outdated. Does anyone know how to create a local copy of an SMF forum?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Basically, you need a backup copy of all files and database to make a working copy of the installation.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

HusaBob

Wellwisher

Haven't been on here for a while and to my surprise RC2 is released. Nice work.

HusaBob

Sorry but is there ANYWHERE a type of step by step as to how to upgrade to the newest version from 2.0.15?

In the past, as you know, it was simply a matter of uploading the .zip file to the server. Took like 30 seconds.

m4z

Since 2.1 isn't fully released yet (only a "release candidate" with known issues), an update is only recommended if you know what you're doing.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: HusaBob on November 14, 2019, 12:07:15 PM
In the past, as you know, it was simply a matter of uploading the .zip file to the server. Took like 30 seconds.
Never been exactly that simple, and have you done it, you should know it. The procedure hasn't changed really.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

If you go 2.0.x to 2.0.x+1, you upload the zip and you're good. But going 1.1.x to 2.0.x was never that simple, and neither will 2.0.x to 2.1.x.

HusaBob

ahhhhhh, then I Guess there's no harm in leaving our forum the way it is.

Now, if only it were easy to figure out how to implement our SSL that we bought last year but never installed.

Advertisement: