News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 RC2 Released

Started by Sesquipedalian, March 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

you could open a topic in the correct support board to get assistance with that.

SethStudent

Is there a list or description somewhere of what features will be standard on 2.1 that 2.0 needed mods for? For instance, I know partial quotes are now possible in 2.1, which means I won't need that plugin in anymore. I'm just guessing (hoping?) there will be more.

Arantor

Drafts, responsive theme, mentions, alerts.

SethStudent

OK thanks, then there are a couple more plugins I don't need. I like to keep things simple. I'm going to be doing a test upgrade on a copy of my site soon and will be able to take it for a spin. Hopefully it will fix my mysteriously broken Attachments links too, we'll see.

MobileCS

In addition to GDPR, will this new 2.0.16 update also address the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) that takes in effect on January 1st, 2020?

Kindred

this thread is the announcement for 2.1 RC2, not discussion of 2.0.16
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: MobileCS on November 18, 2019, 02:35:57 PM
In addition to GDPR, will this new 2.0.16 update also address the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) that takes in effect on January 1st, 2020?

If the provisions are broadly in line with GDPR, yes. If not, no.

m4z

Quote from: Kindred on November 18, 2019, 02:37:03 PM
this thread is the announcement for 2.1 RC2, not discussion of 2.0.16

To be fair though, 2.0.16 hasn't been officially announced yet (it seems new releases are only announced once they are released, not when they're planned), and there is no discussion thread for it yet (except maybe the thread about the EOL of PHP 7.1).
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Arantor

Yes, I unofficially mentioned it before SMF started to bleed loyal users.

Benny_17

Awesome guys, keep up the good work  :)

SethStudent

Update: I ran a test update on a copy of my forum and it went through with no problem. I had disabled all plugins except for the 2.0.x patches (15, 14, 13, 12). The best part is that it fixed a problem I've been having with bad links for attachments (images, .docx) added prior to 07/16/18. The personal avatars were not fixed, but they're not as big of a deal.

At the moment everything looks great, but if I encounter any problems, I'll put them up here. I realize I shouldn't us RC2 on a production site, but it sure is tempting.

SD-X

Quote from: SethStudent on November 23, 2019, 03:29:04 PM
At the moment everything looks great, but if I encounter any problems, I'll put them up here. I realize I shouldn't use RC2 on a production site, but it sure is tempting.
This is just the discussion thread. Bugs should be reported on the GitHub page or here:
https://simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=254.0

That being said, I'm using it on a production site right now because I'm on PHP 7.2.8. (I'm awaiting an update to fix an issue in PHP before I update to 7.4.x). Seeing how SMF 2.0.x doesn't support PHP 7.x in general very well, I didn't have much of a choice, however I'm loving SMF 2.1.x thus far. Development issues aside, it is actually very stable as of RC2. All of the bugs I've come across seem to be very minor, or are theme-related and were caused by third-party authors in custom themes.

rbradbury

A big 'thank you' from me for all the work done by an unknown (to me!) team who support SMF. After using the application for 9 or more years now, I thought I should at the very least record my appreciation.

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: rbradbury on December 29, 2019, 10:20:10 AM
A big 'thank you' from me for all the work done by an unknown (to me!) team who support SMF. After using the application for 9 or more years now, I thought I should at the very least record my appreciation.

Thanks! :)

In case you are curious to know who the SMF team consists of, you can find out here.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

SD-X

Quote from: Arantor on November 18, 2019, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: MobileCS on November 18, 2019, 02:35:57 PM

If the provisions are broadly in line with GDPR, yes. If not, no.
Any chance this will be in SMF 2.1?

For informational reference:
https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-becerra-issues-advisory-outlining-new-data-privacy-rights
and
https://www.caprivacy.org/about

If I'm correct, this is the actual legal wording:
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB375

Kindred

There's basically nothing that we have to do for the ca stuff
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SD-X

Quote from: Kindred on January 07, 2020, 09:24:38 PM
There's basically nothing that we have to do for the ca stuff
Awesome. Just want to be sure everything is compliant on my end since I host my own services and use SMF 2.1 in several places. That's a relief. :)

DenDen60

Just saw the progress meter on github. I am happy to see that RC3 is 95% complete with only 8 open issues left.  :D

I was also surprise to see a big drop on the number of issues opened for the final version. It went from something like 140 to only 81. It is now 57% complete. That is a huge increase.

Keep up the good work.  8)

GirlinGray

I really wanted the curve color changer so started updating from 2.0.15 up and after I hit 2.0.17 I was planning on installing the 2.1 files -- no go. I keep getting told the files are empty when I try to load them in the package manager. The files are not empty. They're fine.

I'm way to tired after pulling 48 hours on a computer to do this manually and then be ready to deal with mod crash fallout from the upgrade.

Anyone else have this prob uploading 2.1? Is there some rule I don't know about about not allowing the package manager to operate with a not approved for prime time version or something?
That Adams Girl

Shambles

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on March 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM
Finally, as always, this announcement topic is not for support. Discussion and support for SMF 2.1 can be found in the SMF 2.1 support board.

Advertisement: