News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search API error in 2.1 RC2

Started by Dave J, March 31, 2019, 06:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

All,

Just got these errors form searching, see attachment.

I upgraded from 2.1 RC1 to 2.1 RC2 today and this is the first time the error has shown, didn't see it in 2.1 RC1.

This is only my test site.

SMF Development Team has a solution for this.

Please check: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=566687.msg4014020#msg4014020

d3vcho
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

lurkalot

Dave J

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Sesquipedalian

This will be fixed in RC3. In the meantime, you can fix it yourself with one simple file edit.

In Sources/Class-SearchAPI.php, perform the following find & replace action. On an unmodified installation of 2.1 RC2, the relevant line of code can be found on line 148.

Code (Find) Select

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC1';

Code (Replace) Select

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC2';

To make this change, just download the file with your FTP client, edit it with a text editor, and then upload the edited copy.

EDIT: The attached modification package will make the change for you. Just download it and then install it using SMF 2.1's package manager like any other mod.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Dave J

Dave J

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on April 01, 2019, 02:31:54 PM
This will be fixed in RC3. In the meantime, you can fix it yourself with one simple file edit.

In Sources/Class-SearchAPI.php, perform the following find & replace action. On an unmodified installation of 2.1 RC2, the relevant line of code can be found on line 148.

Code (Find) Select

Code (Replace) Select

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC2;

To make this change, just download the file with your FTP client, edit it with a text editor, and then upload the edited copy.

EDIT: The attached modification package will make the change for you. Just download it and then install it using SMF 2.1's package manager like any other mod.

Yep that fixed that OK, thank you

landyvlad

sesquipedalian - there is a minor type in the code replace line: a ' is missing before the ;

:)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

d3vcho

Quote from: landyvlad on April 07, 2019, 06:54:19 AM
sesquipedalian - there is a minor type in the code replace line: a ' is missing before the ;

Edited. Thanks for the spot :P
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

jmrossi

Thanks for the update, that fixed the issue on my forum.  :)

SALocalcom

Quote from: d3vcho(); on April 07, 2019, 06:55:06 AM
Quote from: landyvlad on April 07, 2019, 06:54:19 AM

Edited. Thanks for the spot :P

Just a bit vague for a beginner like me....like this?

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC1' a';

On both?
Thank

d3vcho

In Sources/Class-SearchAPI you gotta find:

And replace it by:

That's all.

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

JorgeAVM

Code (Find) Select

Code (Replace) Select

Thank you!

shinglis

Just for reference I had to implement same fix.  Upgraded my site from 2.0.15 to 2.1 RC 2

Schizophren1c

Code (Find) Select

Code (Replace) Select

thank u so much ur download link fixed my search issue

Advertisement: