News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Add rel="noreferrer" to link SMF in footer

Started by kruimeltje, April 01, 2019, 04:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruimeltje

Hi all,

I would like to add "noreferrer" to the simplemachines forum link in the footer.
I checked the index.template folder and found this code:

// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
echo '
<ul>
<li class="floatright"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help"  rel="noreferrer">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=help;sa=rules"  rel="noreferrer">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section"  rel="noreferrer">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
<li class="copyright" >', theme_copyright(), '</li>
</ul>';

But I don't see where I can add the "noreferrer" tag for the link to SimpleMachines. I think it is in the Theme_copyright() function, but can't find theme_copyright either.

Every tip is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

MarkRH

Looks like it's in Themes/default/languages/index.english.php:

$forum_copyright = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=credits" title="License" target="_blank" rel="noopener">%1$s &copy; %2$s</a>, <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org" title="Simple Machines" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Simple Machines</a>';
Mark H.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kruimeltje

Quote from: MarkRH on April 01, 2019, 06:29:32 PM
Looks like it's in Themes/default/languages/index.english.php:

$forum_copyright = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=credits" title="License" target="_blank" rel="noopener">%1$s &copy; %2$s</a>, <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org" title="Simple Machines" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Simple Machines</a>';

Thanks!

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2019, 01:07:06 AM
Why?
To make Search Engines happy, SEO optimization :D

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I am sure you will find that it will offer you no benefit, or make no search engine happy. On the contrary, a noreferrer tag makes it harder for Google and the likes to gather analytic data.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

live627

Seems a little odd to me that that thing is in a language file.

Arantor

Back in the 1.0 or 1.1 days (I forget which), the string was "Powered by SMF" which did need to be a language string for obvious reasons.

Advertisement: