News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't login to my forum

Started by Dylert, April 02, 2019, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

Hello! :)
I have a forum where everything seems ok, except that I can't login anymore. This happened suddenly yesterday. My host has moved my site to another server, but they say that this should not affect my site. When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error. Evereything else seems ok with my forum.

The URL is: http://www.hellasforum.net

Right now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions? :)

skb

Maybe, try running repair settings once. The credentials might have changed.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Dylert

I have already runned repair_settings.php but it doesn't help. If I am using it right.....

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 06:39:32 AM
Hello! :)
I have a forum where everything seems ok, except that I can't login anymore. This happened suddenly yesterday. My host has moved my site to another server, but they say that this should not affect my site. When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error. Evereything else seems ok with my forum.

The URL is: http://www.hellasforum.net

Right now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions? :)

What database error are you getting precisely?

Dylert

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 08:01:43 AM
How can I find that out?

In your post you said: "When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error". What was the message in the error that you get?

Dylert

It only says: "Database error. Try again. If this error continues please report to the administrator."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 08:14:58 AM
It only says: "Database error. Try again. If this error continues please report to the administrator."

Can you check the smf_log_errors table and see what the latest error(s) is/are?

P.s. Can you also run the repair_settings.php file? Maybe some setting need getting corrected upfter the server move?

Dylert

Thanks a lot! The error was in a block. I deleted the block and now I can log in to my forum.

Advertisement: