News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is there a way to conceal the DOB in the profile when registering

Started by Mareid, April 02, 2019, 04:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mareid

My small community is composed of mostly elderly persons who do not want their age or year of birth showing.  Is there a way to remove the year of birth from the Forum profile without removing the month and day? I know it can be left  as 0000 but I think that's confusing to people who are mostly not particularly comfortable with technology.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

By default, 2.0 doesn't ask for your birthday. To even have the question on registration, I think currently you need a mod for it ( because for some reason birthday was omitted when adding the advanced profile field options ). 

From Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile, if you just empty the DoB date completely, it will save as 0000-00-00 and be treated as empty. Same goes for only emptying the year, you can empty it and save, and the year will save as 0000 and be treated as empty.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

br360

Mareid

Sorry it's the forum profile where birthday appears, it's not required but I still would like to remove the year.

Arantor

There is a problem with removing the year entirely; the system checks dates and if the date is 29th February, it has to know what year (or year 0) so it can check it's still valid.

Changing it out to anything else is annoyingly complicated.

Advertisement: